Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Racing Headers...

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 04:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up American Racing Headers...

So, after going through several sets of longtubes, I finally gave in and bought some 1 7/8" race longtubes from ARH and off road y-pipe. I actually bought them several months ago and recently finished installing them (delayed due to work). I also installed a UMI K-member while installing the longtubes. I expected to have some trouble installing the longtubes, being a larger diameter and all. Let me tell you though, all the testimonial threads are right on the money! I didn't have any trouble installing these longtubes and have plenty of clearance with everything. None of the primaries even come close to the K-member, none of the plug wires touch the primaries, all the connections slip onto each other, the pipes hug the under carriage of the floorboard (without hitting it, even while shifting), the Y-pipe has a nice merge, the high velocity merge collectors on the longtubes look sweet. I'm just extremely happy with my purchase. The clamps sent with the system are top notch, as well. And no leaks! The only thing I had to worrry about was tracking down some O2 bung plugs for the rear bungs, but that was easy enough to find at O'Reilly's (M18x12 plugs).

No pics for now. Maybe I'll snap some once I get back home and under my car. Just thought I'd share my experience with ARH. Not for everyone, but defintely worth the cash for the quality. I wonder if I'll gain anything over my previous sets?...

And yes, I realize "this thread is worthless without pics". I'll post them as soon as I get a chance to.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Glad you love your ARH's. That was my next choice after QTP. You can't beat a great design with nascar style high-velocity merge collectors...
Old 12-14-2012, 12:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have always heard good things about their headers
Old 12-14-2012, 12:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ya, ARH are the best out there, worth it for sure.

No need to deal with scratching your **** up installing them, or hammering cheap clamps and connection joints.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

cant say enough good things about ARH. ill be upgrading to them eventually.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I brought a set of ARH (1-7/8 x 3) 2 weeks ago from site sponsor (WS6store). After checking their site 2 weeks later on Monday,site sponsor post up a new set of ARH stepped headers. I ended up trading up the set i brought from site sponsor for the new set of stepped headers from ARH.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:06 AM
TECH Regular

Thumbs up

Nice Krab I am going for the same ones for my WS6.

Quick Reply: American Racing Headers...