Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need opinion of FOUR mufflers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 03:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Need opinion of FOUR mufflers?

I have posted many a time on here about the ever lasting question of "how do i get a good sound without sacrificing performance". As you can see on my site, I am on my second system and still has a significant drone at highway speeds. I am thinking about not only routing for OVER axle, but wandering about shuting it up a little. I have the box style Flowmasters on now, and yes they cause a clearance problem! So what do I need? Maybe (4) round style mufflers? maybe use what I got, and add something after the axle? Or just say to hell with the X-Pipe and go with a Y-Pipe? Need some opinions. The car sounds great don't get me wrong, but on the way to a car show last week, the wife disapproved at high speeds!
Old 04-14-2004, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

You could use a combination of mufflers. Like some 12" bullets just after the x-pipe and then run the pipes over the axle. Then use a pair of Borla Pro XS mufflers, which are supposed to be the quietest race muffler around, and then dump the tips out the back.
If that still wasn't quiet enough you could put a set of high flow cats back on.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:52 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks, I might try that. Any others?
Old 04-15-2004, 06:27 PM
12 Second Club

Magnaflows round mufflers are supposedly rather quiet and sound pretty damn good. Search on here, southfl02ss has them and loves them.
Old 04-16-2004, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

check ferocity02's website. he used two bullet 4 inch mufflers upfront, they look like they could be cats, and moroso spiral flows out back. it sounds pretty sweet he is on ls1sounds.com as well. with a pretty good video of ground clearance and the sound and such.

good luck