Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4" ORY on bolt on setup? Your views?

Old 12-21-2012, 05:10 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 4" ORY on bolt on setup? Your views?

As the title states, ill be throwing on a 3" inlet to 4"merge (outlet) y-pipe from flowmaster (part number Y300400), read about this having a bit less volume than true duals and those seem to make great power on all setups. Im going to try it regardless but im curious to see what you guys think of this setup?

Setup will be TSP y pipe with flowmaster y merge, dumped with a 4" dynomax bullet.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

You know i'll be interested lol
Old 12-21-2012, 05:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
You know i'll be interested lol
Was actually going to PM you when i get it welded up next week lol. Holding up a 4" in person is crazy ***** HUGE.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Damn I guess so lol! So that's supposed to fit with no issues then? See I came from the Mustang world and compared to them there is no friggin room under these cars lol
Old 12-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
Damn I guess so lol! So that's supposed to fit with no issues then? See I came from the Mustang world and compared to them there is no friggin room under these cars lol
yeah man if it had more room i would've been bought TSP's true duals or fabbed that up instead. If this doesn't work out as i plan ill just end up having some one fab up some true duals locally.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm running the same identical set up on my heads/cam car. Its loud. Very loud. Its got a very good smooth sound. Its just a little noisey which I'm sure you knew that. I had plenty of room for mine. Its a 5" case and really had room for a 6" which I'll probably end up going to a magnaflow bullet (6") just for noise purposes.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

So the setup will be a FM merge pipe going into a 3" TSP ORY pipe then into a 4" Dynomax bullet muffler correct? Where does the muffler go exactly? My SLP resonator is basically in the "I" part of the ORY pipe, so I was just curious if that's where it would go
Old 12-21-2012, 09:45 PM
10 Second Club

You'll have the TSP y coming straight off the headers, you cut out tsps merge and weld in the 3" to 4" merge, 4" I pipe, then a bullet welded on the end. Its the same thing as the SLP. The merge is where the Y pipe meets together into 1.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yep I see...thanks! I'm definitely doing something very similar as I can't stand my setup now lol I think the OP had my basic same setup at one point as well, so he knows just how crappy it sounds lol
Old 12-21-2012, 11:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by VandykeT/A
I'm running the same identical set up on my heads/cam car. Its loud. Very loud. Its got a very good smooth sound. Its just a little noisey which I'm sure you knew that. I had plenty of room for mine. Its a 5" case and really had room for a 6" which I'll probably end up going to a magnaflow bullet (6") just for noise purposes.
Yeah i don't mind loud, i just cannot stand rasp. I rather have a nice clear, deep sounding car then a raspy turd (how it currently sounds). Current setup is just a dumped TSP ory with a magnaflow 3" bullet. Is yours raspy at all?

You'll have the TSP y coming straight off the headers, you cut out tsps merge and weld in the 3" to 4" merge, 4" I pipe, then a bullet welded on the end. Its the same thing as the SLP. The merge is where the Y pipe meets together into 1.
Exactly the setup i will be running.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:17 AM
10 Second Club

I'm honestly rasp deaf. What I would call rasp is a psshh sound or a flutter type noise. At dead idle is has what I'm considering rasp slightly but I have a MS4. It sounds almost like you can hear air trying to re enter the exhaust. I honestly like the sound that it makes if it is rasp. With throttle it has no rasp at all. Its as smooth as anything just loud. I've had alot of set ups and this is the best sounding I think. I think you'll like it.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'm honestly rasp deaf. What I would call rasp is a psshh sound or a flutter type noise. At dead idle is has what I'm considering rasp slightly but I have a MS4. It sounds almost like you can hear air trying to re enter the exhaust. I honestly like the sound that it makes if it is rasp. With throttle it has no rasp at all. Its as smooth as anything just loud. I've had alot of set ups and this is the best sounding I think. I think you'll like it.
So at part throttle you get no rasp at all? You know that piercing or tinny echoing sound that is not deep or smooth at all? I know what you mean by the idle though...you can really hear the cam good with mine too, but even that lacks a little tone IMO
Old 12-22-2012, 10:19 AM
10 Second Club

On all the other set ups I've had in the 2500 rpm range with alot of throttle it made a echoing flutter type sound. I haven't noticed it with this set up but the car isn't tagged at the moment so I've only got short drives with this set up but from what I've driven it that sound seems to be gone.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4" ORY on bolt on setup? Your views?