Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will not start 02 WS6 6 speed

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Will not start 02 WS6 6 speed

Ok guys Im in need of some help to figure out why my WS6 will not start I haven't been able to find a wiring diagram for the 02 trans am when I turn the key on the ignition relay clicks under the hood just as it should when I turn the key to crank all the lights in the cluster go out but it will not evan click or make any attempt to try and start the starter relay will not click or anything I have swapped the starter relay out with another one and still the same problem I am seeing 12 volts on the lil 15 amp starter fuse under the hood when I turn the key to start. It acts like your not evan pushing the clutch in I took the clutch switch off and took it apart and it looks fine I evan sanded the contacts still no help with the lil 15 amp fuse getting 12 volts when I turn the key to crank that should mean the ignition switch is ok right. If I had a good wiring diagram I belive I could figure it out. What do you guys think it could be. I can tell you this I can pull the starter relay and jump the red wire under the relay to the purple wire under the relay which goes to the starter soloniod and the car will start right up every time. So I know it has nothing to do with my starter.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:38 AM
Staging Lane

Where can I find a wiring diagram for my 02 ws6. Have any of you guys had this kind of problem before.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:26 AM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you look into your BCM or your VATS?
Old 12-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Staging Lane

I haven't, You talking about looking with a scanner.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Is your security light flashing?
Old 12-25-2012, 07:48 PM
Staging Lane

Sounds like you have a ground issue. I had this happen to me this past summer. Same things would happen when I would try to start my car, all of the lights would shut off. Clean off your grounds under the hood and make sure they are all on tight. Replace your battery connector bolts as well if you haven't changed those out recently. This fixed my issue and the car has had no issues starting since I did this.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Staging Lane

Ok I pulled the engine a couple days ago because of having to replace the crank I found a ground wire that was broke it was connected to the block right behind the alternator and the other end was just hanging. After I got the engine out I got to thinking that I didn't unhook any ground wires off the engine except the one that comes from the battery that hooks up behind the AC compressor. Where should that wire have been hooked that I found that was broke, and could that wire not being hooked up been causing any of my problems.
And no my security light is not flashing.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

It's not VATS if it's clicking. It's a grounding issue. I had the same problem this week. Power to the starter was dry rotted from the previous owner letting the battery spill acid all over and he didn't replace the connectors to the power side. Had to replace the alternator power wire as well.

Quick Reply: Will not start 02 WS6 6 speed