Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust destroying itself on 12 bolt

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 11:16 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default exhaust destroying itself on 12 bolt

like the title says my exhaust is rubbing or bumping the top-forward area of my rear end (over axle pipe) there is now a hole in the pipe. the car is lowered 1.25" anybody having this problem, or found a solution, i was thinking i might be able to get away with an added hanger somewhere. just figured i'd ask for some input
Old 01-12-2013, 05:04 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Do you still have the stock spring isolaters? If not, you can add a thicker hose or a larger diameter hose over your existing heater hose to gain some clearance.

Also, you can bend and tweak the hangars some to get the pipe up as far as it will go without hitting the floor.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have seen this before. when you installed the exhaust kit did you trim the i pipe at all (the pipe that goes to the y pipe)? the last one i put on i had to cut almost 3" off of it to get the over the axle pipe centered up to the rear end.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i did remove some of the extra piping when i installed it, i'll have to check and see if more can be removed removed, also, i do still have the stock spring insulators on it. bending the hangers may work thats def an option

Quick Reply: exhaust destroying itself on 12 bolt