Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Temp gauge inop, fans running..help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 01:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Temp gauge inop, fans running..help!

Hey guys,

Just tried to do some searching on this and came up with basically the same answer every time - everyone says replace the temp sensor, but everyone agrees it didn't work, as well. So here'a goes...

I turned the car on tonight and it was already warm. The temp gauge never came up...it stayed that way all night. Every time I turn the car off, the fans run for an extended pd of time.

How do I fix this? Thanks for your help, in advance!

Mike
Old 04-17-2004, 12:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

I never knew the fans could run with key off! Both of my fans can be running on high speed but when I turn key off everything is off. How about checking your coolant. In my owners manual it says if there is not enough DEX-COOL ( 50/50 mixture ) in the water the temp sensor will not see any temp. Motor can over heat. Gauge will show nothing like yours is doing. Also make sure you do not have any air in the system. Hey just a thought. Good luck
Old 04-17-2004, 12:31 PM
On The Tree

Thanks man, I appreciate that. I didn't know that about the keys out-fan on either. I hadn't heard that was possible, but apparently it is. I'll check the coolant and stuff. I don't think it matters, but I just put a catch can in line with the pcv as well, though I don't think it makes a diff. Thanks for any other help, guys.

Mike
Old 04-18-2004, 11:53 AM
On The Tree

Also wanted to add that when I turn the car on, the temp gauge will start to rise for a second, then it'll drop back down and die completely. It'll never move again until I shut the car off and turn it back on again. Any help with that in mind?

Mike

PS: Checked the coolant and it was fine...