Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weiand John Lingenfelter Intake Craigslsit Find... YOUR THOUGHTS?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 10:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Weiand John Lingenfelter Intake Craigslsit Find... YOUR THOUGHTS?

Hey everyone,

Found a Weiand John Lingenfelter Intake on craigslist for $250 for a ls1. Here is the link on Summit I believe. I am still currently running the stock LS1 intake for the 2000 Fbodys. Would this be a good mod, my ultimate goal include being forced induction. Please give me your thoughts.

Thanks In advance
Old 02-07-2013, 10:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

I believe this is the right one on JEGs,

http://www.jegs.com/p/Weiand/Weiand-...50900/10002/-1

This will ultimately be a street car and will very rarely see the track.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That looks sick. Should work with no issue, what heads are you going you use?
Old 02-07-2013, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 170 Likes on 118 Posts

Not a great mod unless you want the Lingenfelter name. Gaskets suck compared to stock and aluminum obviously holds more heat than the composite intakes. Mod/$ you are better off with an LS6 intake or for more $$ the Fast intakes are great.

FI changes things for HP obviously, but I haven't heard of anyone having much trouble with composite intakes and FI.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Blackpanther99
That looks sick. Should work with no issue, what heads are you going you use?
Still debating whether going 317 heads or spending the money on a good set like AFRs or Trick Flows.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NW-99SS
Not a great mod unless you want the Lingenfelter name. Gaskets suck compared to stock and aluminum obviously holds more heat than the composite intakes. Mod/$ you are better off with an LS6 intake or for more $$ the Fast intakes are great.

FI changes things for HP obviously, but I haven't heard of anyone having much trouble with composite intakes and FI.
I would love to run a FAST intake its just they are so expensive. Thanks for the response, might go the LS6 route.

How are the FAST intakes with boost, most FI cars I see run the LS6. Is there a reason for this at all?
Old 02-07-2013, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 170 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6ICK2k
I would love to run a FAST intake its just they are so expensive. Thanks for the response, might go the LS6 route.

How are the FAST intakes with boost, most FI cars I see run the LS6. Is there a reason for this at all?
LS6 is definitely the way to go. As for FAST vs LS6, I think most guys go LS6 over FI due to cost effectiveness. You won't see much for gains with a FAST once FI over LS6, plus you eliminate the need to change fuel rail, injectors and throttle body. If you go LS6, look into a ported TB as well - worth the $$ for NA gains in power.

If you must have a Weiand, I would look into the Warrior intake. Although, probably hard to find one as cheap as LS6.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NW-99SS
LS6 is definitely the way to go. As for FAST vs LS6, I think most guys go LS6 over FI due to cost effectiveness. You won't see much for gains with a FAST once FI over LS6, plus you eliminate the need to change fuel rail, injectors and throttle body. If you go LS6, look into a ported TB as well - worth the $$ for NA gains in power.

If you must have a Weiand, I would look into the Warrior intake. Although, probably hard to find one as cheap as LS6.
Thanks I appreciate the information def a big help.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Go with the LS6 unless you have $1500 burning a hole in your pocket. Use that money towards some nitrous or a turbo

Quick Reply: Weiand John Lingenfelter Intake Craigslsit Find... YOUR THOUGHTS?