Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has reasonably priced 12 point header bolts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 08:11 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Who has reasonably priced 12 point header bolts?

Hey guys I'm swapping my bbk's for arh's and I'm looking into bolts. I really want a 12point head for the looks and ease of gripping with a socket. Black oxide would be fine but i hear they will rust after some time? So i was kind of looking for stainless but if i cant find them for a reasonable price I'll go with the latter.

I know arp makes them in stainless and black oxide. I found them in black oxide locally for under a dollar a piece but so far I havent found any in stainless except the ARP's for 50 bucks which is nuts for just header bolts.

I have also found them in gold zinc coating, but would that rust like black oxide? If anyone has a link or could pm me it would be awesome.

Dan
Old 02-18-2013, 08:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man I just went to my local GM dealer and got a set of 8 header bolts brand new and reused a couple of the factory ones. 8 brand new bolts from GM $6.50...I know that isn't really answering your question but as far as reasonably priced you can't beat that lol.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ya I know i just wanted to do something aesthetically pleasing but if its going to cost 50 bucks for arps screw that. i'll just go black oxide worse comes to worse
Old 02-21-2013, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you considered header studs instead of the bolts? I have the stainless ARP header studs that have the 12 pt nuts. So much easier to put headers on with them. No more fighting to line up holes. Just thread them in, hang the gasket, slide the header on and you're good to go.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stage 8 stainless all the way man, put the headers on 2 years ago and never had to re-tighten or anything

Quick Reply: Who has reasonably priced 12 point header bolts?