Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RX Catch Can Design Changes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX Catch Can Design Changes?

hello all,

i recently purchased a catch can that was advertised to be an RX from a different forum. when i got it, however, it looked different from the photos on the rev extreme website. for example, rather than having two valves on top of the can this one has one centered on top and one coming out the side. the drain valve at the bottom does not have the wings as the ones on the website do. lastly the bracket welded on the catch can has only two holes as opposed to three. is this simply an older design or have i stumbled upon a look alike? overall it seems like a well made piece, but i paid for an rx and therefore would like to have one. i'll try to upload a picture later. any and all info is appreciated.

thanks,
jake

Last edited by Jake_the_Snake; 02-26-2013 at 10:40 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the body it self looks like my rx can that i bought many years ago. mine had the 2 ports in the same location too but didnt have the pcv valve mounted to it like that. maybe someone before you modified it that way. also has 2 holes for the mounting and a thin piece of alum for the bracket.

i found this, back around the time i got mine and about what i paid if i remember correctly. doesnt show pictures anymore but shows the option for a built in pcv valve.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-s...ack-stock.html

Last edited by stealth355tpi; 02-27-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

FYI, RX would be the first to show a new design on their website so that's either a OLD model, or a fake. It's also noticeably longer than what shown on their website.

I'd contact RX and get some verification if it's theirs or not.

email: rxproducts@aol.com
ph #: 941-721-1826

So, did you buy it new or used..?
Old 02-28-2013, 12:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
FYI, RX would be the first to show a new design on their website so that's either a OLD model, or a fake. It's also noticeably longer than what shown on their website.

I'd contact RX and get some verification if it's theirs or not.

email: rxproducts@aol.com
ph #: 941-721-1826

So, did you buy it new or used..?
bought it used off corvette forum. the guy sent a pic of it on a c6z so im sure it's fine. just wanted to verify that it was an rx. doesn't necessarily have to be the newest model, but if it's a true rx i get piece of mind knowing it's a quality piece seeing as i can't see what's inside
Old 02-28-2013, 12:26 AM
On The Tree

think i just answered my own question. did a google search for rx catch can+2008 and this picture shows up. looks just like mine, save the fact that mine doesn't have the logo. thanks for your input everybody!

Old 02-28-2013, 07:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine didn't have the logo either but that's exactly how mine looks mounted. Its just an older can.

Quick Reply: RX Catch Can Design Changes?