Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

March vs ASP UD Pulley???

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 05:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default March vs ASP UD Pulley???

Hi, im putting together a H/C/I on my 99 T/A and I have a choice between a March or ASP UD pulley, this will be a stock bottom end ls1 with rod bolts & will see at least 7k shiftpoints probably higher and nitrous from time to time so im just wondering which of these ud pulleys will dampen better, I no that the march has fluid in it which is supose help and is alot heavier than the ASP, not interested in any info on ATI only the two listed since they are the ones already available, Thanks In Advance!!!
Old 03-03-2013, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had the asp for years and never had a problem, so I guess that's where my vote goes for
Old 03-03-2013, 10:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1999BlueTA
Hi, im putting together a H/C/I on my 99 T/A and I have a choice between a March or ASP UD pulley, this will be a stock bottom end ls1 with rod bolts & will see at least 7k shiftpoints probably higher and nitrous from time to time so im just wondering which of these ud pulleys will dampen better, I no that the march has fluid in it which is supose help and is alot heavier than the ASP, not interested in any info on ATI only the two listed since they are the ones already available, Thanks In Advance!!!
Whether you want to hear it or not.... ATI.

Regardless of power level.. Minimum 7K RPM, it is the choice.

Other than that, I would go SLP (180$)... Then March.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

what lemons said... whether or not you want to hear it niether of those pulleys will hold a candle to an ati. and if you're touching 7k regularly it should be your only choice... theres a reason its what all the racers use for their engines and not asp march or fluidampr
Old 03-06-2013, 03:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by redbird555
what lemons said... whether or not you want to hear it niether of those pulleys will hold a candle to an ati. and if you're touching 7k regularly it should be your only choice... theres a reason its what all the racers use for their engines and not asp march or fluidampr
It's called bad Harmonics, ATI is the one to use

Quick Reply: March vs ASP UD Pulley???