Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some help

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help

im going to run true duals under the axle and im thinking of using bullet mufflers but i wanted to know how loud these will be with true duals exited out the rear of the car. will the car still be driveable for daily use? or will it be considered a bit too loud. I have lt's ory and a cut out right now (open) and its very loud and il ove it but id like to have something a bit quieter that i can drive around not worrying so much

i checked ls1sounds.com to see if they had any true duals with rear exits under the axle with bullets and i was unsuccessful finding any clips. anyone know what it sounds like?
Thanx
Travis
Old 04-20-2004, 08:49 PM
TECH Veteran

You could get a setup with some highflow cats, and then bullets right before the axle. I had this setup with my MACs. It was an interchangable setup where I could use Carsound cats or swap in off-road pipes. It will be a little more expensive, but probably just what you are looking for.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

im not too worried about running cats or not. i mean through the cut out my car sounds sick. its great, but its really loud. And im sure people behind me love it lol. im just looking to see if with bullets it wont be that loud, but something somewhat comparable. im hoping this will also add more tone and smooth out the sound.
thanks for that idea though camarocain i actually might go with some highflow cats but for $$ purposes id probalby stick to magnaflows.
Thanks
Travis
Old 04-20-2004, 08:58 PM
TECH Veteran

ok, well if it helps then, when my car was stock internal it sounded good also with the off-road pipes, i was running dynomax bullets then, i now have the twister mufflers, and my setups were always dumped at the axle. I like the look of no tips out the back, so from day one i have never had any catback on my car since i cut off the stocker

Here is a picture with the cats in place
Attached Thumbnails need some help-true-dual-001.jpg