Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spark plugs for Cammed cars...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 12:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Spark plugs for Cammed cars...

Yes I know this topic has been like no other. Ive done a search and just couldnt find what I was looing for. But im just not having luck with my TR55s in my car. I have the hammer cam with cleaned up heads. Its missfires a lot, and at idle..lol makes you want to

I started at the standard .55 gap also. I have been running the car like this for a year or so. Its been the same since I first put them in,

What I want to know is what other plugs are you guys using with cammed cars and having success with?

Thanks
Casey
Old 04-21-2004, 12:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default NGK TR-6's here

I don't spray and I'm not blown, however, I can tell you that I have done the free mod's, a few bolt-ons - JBCAT4wards, RT high flow 3" y-pipe, Borla adjustable - (Superchips box). The TR-6 NGK's with Magnecor 8.5 mm wires woke up the TA a bit ... after header install. They come factory gapped at .035 and I left them that way. Never puttered, backfired, missed, or hesitated at any speed/rpm range ... just gets up and hauls *ss. I've heard a lot that TR-55's gapped at .045 really perform well. Good luck getting more feedback.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Probably a tuning issue...
Old 04-21-2004, 03:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the feedback. When I dynoed it the air/fuel was dead on. Running auto tap during the dyno too and it was missfiring a lot. Like I said, it idles fine, but man its awful to be around...

Maybe I should do some taylor wires and new plugs but just not sure which ones...

Casey