Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on my build

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 08:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on my build

Hey guys, Im not a huge poster here, I mostly lurk around looking for the answers but I need some advice!

I am building an LQ9 for my 71 Chevy C10. I am looking to put down around 425/400 to the wheels. So far I have bought the block, 243 heads, and the cam with these specs

Now, the part that Im having a hard time deciding... Intake manifolds! In my garage, I have a stock LS2 mani and a GM Performance 4 barrel mani that came on it.

I like both options because I plan on using the AtomicEFI either way(since they make it for both applications) but I love the fact that the 4 barrel manifold would give me a somewhat retro look. The thing Im afraid of is that it might hurt the drivability of the truck. I have heard that they arent the greatest for the low end power

Any thoughts?
Old 03-31-2013, 08:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

a ls1 truck intake would better power then a ls2 intake.get a fast intake and port the heads.a BBK intake mite work .
Old 03-31-2013, 09:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wasnt really in the market to buy another manifold. Especially ~$800 worth! I was more-so hoping some advice on working with what I have.

Quick Reply: Question on my build