Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock fuel pump issues...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock fuel pump issues...

I posted this thread on Sunday as "Stock water pump issues"... I have no idea why, but here goes 2.0...

So I'm doing a 5.3 swap into a '78 k10 and using the fuel pump assembly from the '01... We don't have great fuel pressure and wanted to replace the pump... Well, I go on to rock auto and order a new pump... When we remove the old assembly and pump, the new one doesn't look like the old one... The new pump is much larger, entirely different connectors and orifice locations, of course. The one that came in the original assembly is a Walbro. It has a part number, F10000256, and another number 29909-1, stamped on the side of the pump... I can not find a replacement... Every website out there has the larger pump listed as the replacement... I guess I will just buy an entire assembly to avoid anymore issues, but was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue?

I can post some pics of the two pumps if anyone is interested.

I am wondering if there was a recall on that particular pump and/or assembly... Every website out there has the larger pump listed as the replacement... It will not work with the assembly, so there is something going on. I can not see GM using multiple fuel pumps and assemblies in their full size truck line...

Quick Reply: Stock fuel pump issues...