Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low iac counts

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Low iac counts

Hi i've been hunting down a vacuum leak, i found one behind the intake manifold in the pcv hose, and replaced the entire system. I checked the booster hose, and it is on tight, no rips or tears, check valve is good, and the line coming out the other side is good. I thought it may be the booster itself, when i depress the brake pedal quickly, it makes a hissing noise. But that may just be the pedal, because when i pump the brakes with the car off the pedal tightens up, then drops when i start the engine. When i pull the check valve you can hear air coming out of the booster, meaning it's holding pressure. If i reach behind the intake the map sensor moves around a little, is that normal? No indication of a leak.

The car is cammed, iac counts start at 60 and get down to 15 when warm. Tps volts are normal.

I cannot find a leak, i sprayed a hole can of carb cleaner over the engine to locate something, and nothing. Idle jumps around like it's a bad iac valve, i changed that, no difference. Any ideas? Should i change the booster anyways even though it passes the test? Does it just need a retune since i fixed the pcv leak? Thanks

Quick Reply: Low iac counts