Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for parts list

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 11:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default looking for parts list

does anyone know of a place where i can find the names & part numbers for all the stuff in the engine bay, along with a photo/diagram of them? i need to replace some hoses/connectors/vacuum lines, but don't know what the parts are called, and it's hard to search for replacements without knowing what the hell the part is.

Last edited by 02Z28LS1; 05-25-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:00 AM
TECH Addict

more specifically, here are the main parts i'm looking for...

pic 1) this one is on the driver's side of the car, and i think it slips into the rear of the valve cover. i can't tell if this piece is broken near the bottom of the connector or not, or if that's just a foam insulator that kinda sticks out the bottom (the gray part that's in between the yellow & the black). the right side of this pic shows the actual part, and the right side shows the connector that plugs into it & where it is on the wiring harness...the 3 circular grounding connectors are the ones that bolt to the back of the driver's side head, and the connector for the part is just to the left of them.

pic 2) i need to find out the part# and/or name of the plastic hose/connector that attaches to this part, i don't need the part itself...obviously, it is snapped in two, which happened when the intake manifold was coming off. the other half of this tube/hose is connected onto a circular black piece that is just under the cowl on the driver's side, in between the driver's side head & the cowl

pic 3) this part connects somewhere toward the front of the intake manifold, near the throttle body...what is this, and does anyone have a part#?
Attached Thumbnails looking for parts list-driverside_small.jpg   looking for parts list-delcoremy_small.jpg   looking for parts list-mysterypart_small.jpg  
Old 05-25-2013, 11:45 AM
TECH Addict

here's where the piece in the 3rd pic connects on the passenger's side of the intake manifold
Attached Thumbnails looking for parts list-mysterypart_small_2.jpg  
Old 05-25-2013, 02:11 PM
TECH Addict

OK, so after a LOT of reading/searching, i've found that pic #1 is the oil pressure sending unit (part#: 12562267), and pic #3 is the PCV valve that's connected to the stock-style PCV hose assembly (which i will be replacing with the NEW-style LS6 valley cover with the PCV valve system integrated, so i don't need the external valve (part#: 12577927).....but i still have not been able to locate the hose/tube that coonects to the piece in pic #2...anyone?

Quick Reply: looking for parts list