Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you guys think this would work for a "custom" exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you guys think this would work for a "custom" exhaust

I'm wanting to replace the end of my exhaust. I'm tired of having the single pipe pointing straight down with this Aero Chamber. The muffler don't look too purdy either

I was thinking about buying an SLP Loud Mouth, then replacing the resonator with something like a single chamber Flowmaster, or a chambered muffler, etc. I'm wanting it to sound good, and look good too. The Loud Mouth looks good IMO, as it doesn't have a muffler hanging down at the end

I don't care too much about performance with the "catback," as for one I do not race on the streets, and for two I will install dual electric cutouts soon, or just unclamp the "catback" from the pipes after the headers for when I'm at the track

Keep in mind, I have MAC headers, ORY, and a Hotcam. So really whatever route I take will be loud anyway, I just want the best sounding

Also, should I place a cat converter or two before the muffler in the Loud Mouth? Or will the muffler take care of most of the rasp? I'd like minimal rasp

The only reason I don't want to run true duals is because I want the chrome pipes out the back. I really miss having them (had 'em on my old Camaro). I don't want to pay a crap load of money for true duals out the back either
Old 04-27-2004, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

I just took off my loudmouth if your interested in getting a used one...?
Old 04-27-2004, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Possibly, how much? Wouldn't be for a couple of weeks though

What kind of condition is it in? I'm only concerned about leaks
Old 04-28-2004, 08:20 AM
TECH Resident

Get the single chamber Flow with the loudmouth. Don't see it too often and it should sound sweet.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

How would the rasp be with only the single Flow in there? There are no cats and I have MAC headers. I have a single cutout now, will have 2 electrics in the future, but I don't want my street setup to sound like my track one
Old 04-28-2004, 01:58 PM
TECH Resident

Well, I doubt it'll be raspy at all, but it will not be quiet with a single chamber Flow in there. If you want it quieter with a Flowmaster muffler, try Summit Part# FLO-430639 or FLO-953046 if you can fit it in there.