Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bullets vs. flowmaster vs. magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 09:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bullets vs. flowmaster vs. magnaflow

Just wanted to know which of these types of mufflers would give the DEEPEST RUMBLE on a true duals setup, the dynomax bullets, 10 series flows, or some magnaflows. Any info would be appreciated, thanx
Old 04-28-2004, 10:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I heard the 10 series are badass for duals, makes a big block sound apparently. Bullets sound pretty good, not as refined. And I havent heard Magnaflows yet.

Look on LS1sounds.com to find some clips
Old 04-29-2004, 12:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

If it's flow and go I would go with the Magnaflow. That's what I currently have and I love it. Keep in mind that your question is somewhat subjective. What counts is what you like best. There aren't to many out there that outperform the Magnaflow. There are louder, if that is what your after.
Old 04-29-2004, 02:59 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MxWickedZ28
Just wanted to know which of these types of mufflers would give the DEEPEST RUMBLE on a true duals setup, the dynomax bullets, 10 series flows, or some magnaflows. Any info would be appreciated, thanx
In my opinion, the 12" bullets sound really good, and they flow very well also. The 10 series flowmaster mufflers have a good rumble to them, but I have heard they don't flow very well. I've never heard Magnaflow before, so I can't coment on that.

If you want a loud deep rumble, go with the 12" bullets, if you want something that is a little quieter, then go with a set of 18" bullets.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:42 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by AmericanMuscle
The 10 series flowmaster mufflers have a good rumble to them, but I have heard they don't flow very well.
What do you mean! They are rated for 270 hp

Flowmasters dont really have a deep sound to them...in all honesty I think mine sounds like a mustang with 40 series but louder. I believe the bullets give a deeper tone if thats what youre looking for. I would recommend hearing stuff in person or at least through videos before you make a firm decision.
Old 04-29-2004, 08:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SidewayzOZ
What do you mean! They are rated for 270 hp

Magnaflow over flowmaster anyday, i would pobably look into a tubula muffler for the ground clearance issue

Quick Reply: bullets vs. flowmaster vs. magnaflow