Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP True Duals Too Loud For A 408 Street Car????

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 07:50 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP True Duals Too Loud For A 408 Street Car????

Im trying to decide between the tsp true duals vs there y pipe. Im gonna use there 1 7/8" long tubes and i just want some opinions. I know the true duals are great but i just dont want to get pulled over for a loud exhaust every fricken day. Basically what do u guys think.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Y-pipe setup + SLP dual/dual exhaust + electric cutout.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sinister_Z28
Im trying to decide between the tsp true duals vs there y pipe. Im gonna use there 1 7/8" long tubes and i just want some opinions. I know the true duals are great but i just dont want to get pulled over for a loud exhaust every fricken day. Basically what do u guys think.
This is my car with longtubes and TSP true duals. It's very loud. I don't have any issues with getting pulled over but the cops around here are quite lenient as long as you aren't doing anything wrong they wont pull you over for just the loud exhaust

Old 07-26-2013, 10:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I've got Texas Speed True Duals on my heads/cam car and it's very loud. I love loud though, so the louder the better. Like others have said, as long as you're not doing anything stupid, you won't get bothered by the cops.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Theres no such thing as too loud. Id run open headers if I could.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MikeWS6
I'm with you
Old 07-26-2013, 01:00 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
I'm with you
Im with both u guys on this. I just dont want to go from a cop magnet to a cops wet dream if u know what i mean. Basically i wanna know if it significantly louder with a stroker engine vs a stock cubed engine?
Old 07-26-2013, 01:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Im with both u guys on this. I just dont want to go from a cop magnet to a cops wet dream if u know what i mean. Basically i wanna know if it significantly louder with a stroker engine vs a stock cubed engine?
I'd say yes, it will be louder. If you did get pulled over for doing nothing other than "having a loud car", I'd be a real dick to that ************ and make him show you in writing what the hell you did wrong. Find out first if the city/town you live in has any kind of laws regarding loud cars/radios, etc. As long as you've got a valid driver's license, insurance, registration and current tags/inspection, I think you'll be ok. And, if there aren't any laws regarding "having too loud of a car" and you keep getting pulled over for nothing, tell those ******* that you'll be getting an attorney and filing a "discrimination" lawsuit against them. It just kills me how all this crime is going on, whether it be drug dealings, killings, rapes, etc. but the cops want to waste their time harassing people with loud cars.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It just kills me how all this crime is going on, whether it be drug dealings, killings, rapes, etc. but the cops want to waste their time harassing people with loud cars.
******* damn straight! Found me a new sig lmao
Old 07-26-2013, 02:10 PM
TECH Regular

I'd say yes, it will be louder. If you did get pulled over for doing nothing other than "having a loud car", I'd be a real dick to that ************ and make him show you in writing what the hell you did wrong. Find out first if the city/town you live in has any kind of laws regarding loud cars/radios, etc. As long as you've got a valid driver's license, insurance, registration and current tags/inspection, I think you'll be ok. And, if there aren't any laws regarding "having too loud of a car" and you keep getting pulled over for nothing, tell those ******* that you'll be getting an attorney and filing a "discrimination" lawsuit against them. It just kills me how all this crime is going on, whether it be drug dealings, killings, rapes, etc. but the cops want to waste their time harassing people with loud cars.
Ill look into it but i do know that here in socal we have a modified exhaust reg that basically states if ur exhaust isnt stock then u can get a ticket. I personally hate socal but im here for now. Its dumb cause a harley can be as loud as they want and not get loud exhaust tickets. **** it i guess ill try it. I can always go back to a y pipe.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Worth to give it a shot
Old 07-26-2013, 02:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ill look into it but i do know that here in socal we have a modified exhaust reg that basically states if ur exhaust isnt stock then u can get a ticket. I personally hate socal but im here for now. Its dumb cause a harley can be as loud as they want and not get loud exhaust tickets. **** it i guess ill try it. I can always go back to a y pipe.
I used to want to live in SoCal when I was younger, but now that I'm older and wiser, you couldn't pay me to live out there. A modified exhaust regulation, give me a ******* break. Hell, if you get pulled over, just tell the cop that it is the stock exhaust. Chances are they doesn't know **** about F-Body cars anyway.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

you 'll attract attention with true duals even on stock car , depending on how it is in your area.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:08 AM
On The Tree

I'm an full blown IDIOT that has NOTHING good to say!!

I I say things like this again, I'm SURE I'll be banned!!

Last edited by dr_whigham; 08-03-2014 at 10:25 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Streetlegal?
This is my car with longtubes and TSP true duals. It's very loud. I don't have any issues with getting pulled over but the cops around here are quite lenient as long as you aren't doing anything wrong they wont pull you over for just the loud exhaust

Ben's 1998 Trans Am WS6 - HD - YouTube
Wow that sounds ****** MEAN!!!!!! Nice choppy cam too!!! man that thing screams!!!!
Old 09-25-2013, 02:23 AM
On The Tree

What mufflers are you running? if any? lol...
Old 09-25-2013, 04:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeWS6
There is in Nazifornia where they hand out state ref tickets like government giving bailout money to financial corps.

I love TDs and they're ok if you don;t drive a lot but I wouldn't run them in Ca.

Thats why I have a Flowmaster merge y pipe, electric cutout and a hooker CB setup. That way I can tame my car down when Mr. Officer is around me.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Loud is subjective, but if you have to ask then I would say YES, it is too loud.

Get a nice flowmaster merge into a 4" pipe with a cutout and a quieter exhaust like magnaflow.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a drag car. Too loud IMHO.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Loud but beast!

Quick Reply: TSP True Duals Too Loud For A 408 Street Car????