Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Overheating Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 02:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overheating Question

Over the last few days I have started to run very very hot. I'm not sure what the problem is. I will also show low oil pressure the hotter the car gets.
I need some ideas. How do you know if the water pump is working or not. I have tried opening the radiator then cranking the car then trying to see if the water is moving in it. It doesn't until I get it heated up then the level drops in the radiator. If I top it off at that point then it doesn't look like it is doing anything. Also I don't know how to tell if the thermostat has gone bad or not. I don't really care about that though because they are so cheap I will probably just replace it anyway.

Anybody had the same problem or have any ideas??? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-15-2004, 03:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey man...

This is Mike with the Maroon Z on base.. I saw your car the other day and you had some white smoke coming out of the exhaust.. Could be a sign of a cracked head gasket or something.

Have you checked your oil lately to make sure you don't have any chocolate milk goin on in there..

If you ever check the board.. I've been tryin to get in contact with you about your exhaust.. I know you said I should gone true duals in the beginning, but I'm gonna be doing them this weekend.. I went with the Borla XR-1's ..

PM Me and let me know what shop you went to to have yours done.. I'd like to see your car again sometime next week if you don' t mind so that I can see what your clearance is again..

Later,
Mike
Old 05-15-2004, 10:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Agreed, check the oil..... Loss of radiator fluid and white smoke can't be good.
Old 05-15-2004, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like a blown head gasket. Coolant level should not drop. Smell the exhaust to see if you can smell coolant.