Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Car won't start unusual compared to others

Old 08-12-2013, 04:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Car won't start unusual compared to others

Gonna make this as short as possible

01 ws6 m6

Everything is normal till I turn it over to start then gauge cluster dies engine bay clicks
Car ran fine when I parked it Friday
My pillar pods and radio stays on
Optima battery fully charged
Buddy wiggled ground cable that java "terminal bolt" that you could only hand tighten starter hit once bought new bolt nothing changed
Then it got weird I held the clutch in and held the key over as if I was starting it while he wiggled cables again then white smoke started pouring out from the driver side around the fuse box-alternator everything still powers up but when I go to start gauges die in the cluster pillar gauges and radio stay on engine clicks sounds like its coming from driver side but might be passenger and idk any help would be awesome dont think it's alt. cause car was doin fine Friday when I last drove it but idk
Old 08-12-2013, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well you let the smoke out lol, once you do that you got a big problem, there is a short somewhere and I would try to find that before attempting to start the car. I would not try to do anything until I found the source of the problem.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help! Car won't start unusual compared to others