Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa exhaust owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 09:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Corsa exhaust owners

Hello,

I recently discovered that I had a very annoying rattle coming from my exhaust. I discovered that one of the muffler baffles is broke... I called Corsa and they told me that I have to fax a copy of my reciept to them to get it warrantied. Even though I sent my warranty card into them. The only problem is I can't find my reciept. I mean that was like 2 years ago that I bought it. Does anyone have a copy of their reciept that they could fax to me so I can doctor it up with my name and address on it then fax it in to them to get my muffler replaced under warranty... I tried to figure out which company I bought it from, but I can't remember. Anyway if you have one and could help pm me for my fax number. Thank you!
Old 05-02-2004, 11:50 AM
10 Second Club

Anyone wanna help a fellow LS1'er out...
Old 05-02-2004, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Packy, I bought my Corsa muffler to replace my DD off Ebay so if it goes south like yours then i'm gonna be in your exact situation. I wish I could help you out.
Old 05-03-2004, 10:05 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ryan02SS
Packy, I bought my Corsa muffler to replace my DD off Ebay so if it goes south like yours then i'm gonna be in your exact situation. I wish I could help you out.

That sucks!!!
Old 05-03-2004, 10:32 AM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Do you remember where you got it from? They can sometimes provide a old receipt if you ask them.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:20 AM
10 Second Club

No, I thought that I got it from Speed Inc. but I called them and found out that I didn't. Then I tried ls1 Speed and not there. So I am at a loss. I can't remember. I guess I am just gonna have to bite the bullet and buy a new muffler. If I do I am just gonna buy a cheaper style muffler and throw it in the place of the Corsa. I mean my car already sounds like *** with the cats removed. At least I will still have my Corsa tips that make it look good...
Old 05-03-2004, 04:00 PM
On The Tree

they won't honor the warrenty? How long was the warrenty good for?

A little off topic, but why does it sound like *** without cats? Is it the low backpressure when shifting, the "pop pop" sound? mine is from my 96 and it does it a little but once the pipes are hot its ok.
Old 05-03-2004, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Packy
No, I thought that I got it from Speed Inc. but I called them and found out that I didn't. Then I tried ls1 Speed and not there. So I am at a loss. I can't remember. I guess I am just gonna have to bite the bullet and buy a new muffler. If I do I am just gonna buy a cheaper style muffler and throw it in the place of the Corsa. I mean my car already sounds like *** with the cats removed. At least I will still have my Corsa tips that make it look good...
Same thing happend to me man. Ended up just putting a bullet in the I-pipe and getting the exhaust shope to rig up a "dynomouth" setup. Cheapest way out.
Old 05-03-2004, 05:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by taJon
they won't honor the warrenty? How long was the warrenty good for?

A little off topic, but why does it sound like *** without cats? Is it the low backpressure when shifting, the "pop pop" sound? mine is from my 96 and it does it a little but once the pipes are hot its ok.

It is just loud as heck and a little raspy. No they won't honor their warranty unless you have a reciept from where you bought it.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

That aint right! They know they have rampant problems like yours and wont warranty it even though you sent in your warranty card? That blows! That exhaust looks great and flows great, but I know so many people with problems like yours. Well, when people quit buying it theyll get the message!