Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what headers compare to FLP

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what headers compare to FLP

I want to pick up some headers ASAP, and would love to get flp's. But obviously cost is an issue, $1100 is a bit out of my price range. I was wondering what other long tubes and y pipe setup compare to the flp's hp numbers? Now I would like to have cats, as I need to not get in trouble with the law. So I would like a y pipe setup that I can put high flow cats in, or already has them. I dont want slp's because I have heard they suck. Any input, hp numbers before and after, or anything.

I would be willing to pick up a set of flp's used with all parts, but would need some time to get the cash in hand. If anyone is interested let me know.

Please give me some input on this.

thanks
Fry
Old 05-04-2004, 02:28 PM
Teching In

Look on Ebay, I saw some Qtp's on there for like $800, and I saw some Kooks For like 1000.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

for that kind of money I could get a used set of flp's. I am talking about like some edlebrocks, or hookers or something else on the lowest end of the cost spectrum.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:01 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by frey51
I dont want slp's because I have heard they suck.
I've got the full SLP setup. Aside from a little lost ground clearance, I have nothing but good things to say about them. And on top of that, they're Stainless Steel AND coated.

And they're only ~$850. direct from SLP. You might could even find them cheaper than that.

Ok, I'm done with my shameless plug...

edit - ok, I'm retarded and didn't see your post about 800 being too much. I still love my set-up, though .
Old 05-04-2004, 05:01 PM
On The Tree

hookers dyno highest of all LT's...they are a little cheaper
Old 05-04-2004, 07:26 PM
Staging Lane

I have a set of SLP long tube headers and I also have nothing else to say but they are AWESOME! I also got my y-pipe with the included cost of the headers for like $850 BRAND NEW!!! You cant really beat that, plus the sound is awesome... From me I would go with the SLP LT's cause you get the Y-pipe!
Old 05-05-2004, 12:44 AM
On The Tree

FLP's come with a Y too
Old 05-05-2004, 12:51 AM
Gev
TECH Addict

On the lowest end of the cost spectrum you will find the Pacesetters. They are the best bang for the buck.

They have had an issue with the driver's side hitting the K-Member, but they have redesigned the header fixing that problem.

They can be had for very cheap. I would advise against pruchasing their y-pipe since you are going to use cats. Just have an exhaust shop weld everything together.

I got my Pacesetters for 380 coated shipped.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

thanks guys.

800ish isnt bad at all for a full setup brand new, I was just stating that for 800 I could find a set of used flps. As for slp, I have heard they dont flow as good as the flp does. So the hp numbers are not the great. Plus I plan on gettting the trex cam and would need a good set of headers to compliment that. As for the pacesetter, I have heard nothing but bad things about them. yeah they are cheap, and they work, but if you do any engine upgrades you will have to get better lts. (based on word of mouth) I think I might just have to try and save the cash to get the flps used or new if needed. If I were working full time I could do it no problem, but part time sucks.

Fry
Old 05-06-2004, 12:38 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jrp
When buying long tubes what you are paying for is fitment, quality, fit and finish. All LT's dyno within the same net gain. Swap from one brand to another for the sole purpose of gains and you'll be disappointed.
I mean, its your car and your money and your opinion. I'm not trying to come off the wrong way, trust me. I'm just trying to help you from making a big decision for the wrong reason.

You'll certainly get a little more ground clearance with the FLPs

Good Luck!
Old 05-06-2004, 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not to be rude, but did you read the sticky in this section?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139142

I am replacing my SLP's with some Kooks because of Ground clearance issues. Good luck.
Old 05-06-2004, 02:54 PM
Teching In

Im trying to decide which ones to get too. I heard alot of bad things about the SLP's, they say that it lowers your ground clearence by an inch and a half. Im thinking of going with the QTP's and calling it a day.You pay for what you get, just remember that.