Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight problem, both high and low on at the same time

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 08:59 PM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Headlight problem, both high and low on at the same time

This is very weird. Many different symptoms so I'll go one by one.

LL- left low beam
LH- left high beam
etc

I turn the lights ON and both the low and high beams are on. The weird thing is that the highs look like they are drawing power from the lows cause they are on very dim. Inside the left turn signal is ON, not blinking and that turn signal doesn't work at all. Right side is fine

So the first thing I did was unplug the high beams. One or both unplugged and the only light that is on is my RL.

If I just turn the lights to PARK position, RL is the only thing thats on and the left turn signal works again.

I'm so lost. Need some kind of wiring schematic or something. I just installed my line lock too. I unplugged it to see if it would fix anything, but still the same.

Car is a 96 camaro.
Any ideas?
Old 05-08-2004, 10:16 PM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just figured it out. There is a ground right on top of the driver side headlights that was loose. I can't believe that one wire controls the distribution of power between all 4 lights. The looser it is the dimmer the low beam gets and brighter the high beams. Looks like both the high beams share something with the driver side low beam and turn signal.

I though you guys would like to know if anyone ever runs into this problem.