Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter LT's question

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 02:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter LT's question

Was wondering if it is better to get the Race ready headers or the smog ones??? Don't care about passing state or not either if that helps, and also is their off road y pipe any good, or should I get one custom made???
Old 05-09-2004, 02:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

id go with the emitions ready ones, just make ya some block off plates, just incase some day you need to use em
and i hear the Y pipe is crap, i went with true duals dumped at the axle, man it sounds damn good, so my votes for the emitions legal headers and true duals good luck man -matt
Old 05-09-2004, 03:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

well i have the race pacesetters and ORY, i just deleted the codes and no more SES and btw the y pipe worked fine for me, no probs
Old 05-09-2004, 04:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought race headers from QTP. I figure it this way, that is 3 less welds that can break. My Hooker LT's broke an air tube weld on the driver's side and making the car useless.
Old 05-09-2004, 08:19 AM
TECH Resident

I'm running the Pacesetter Race Headers, getting rid of all the emmissions crap really cleans up underneath your hood.
Old 05-09-2004, 10:05 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jamnut
I'm running the Pacesetter Race Headers, getting rid of all the emmissions crap really cleans up underneath your hood.
Werd.

If you have a car with EGR just get some JB Weld and some sheet metal and fab up a ghetto style EGR block plate. The AIR system is also easy to remove, aside maybe from that piece of **** pump, although I'm sure it would be easy with the right tools.
Basically, if you want to keep your emissions crap, get the emissions headers. If you want to clean all that crap up get the race ones and remove all the rubbish. I've had my SES light on for 3 months since doing an AIR and EGR removal. The car runs fine and thif you can deal with the site of the SES light you'll be straight not getting the codes deleted.
Old 05-09-2004, 10:15 AM
TECH Addict

Better get a custom made Y pipe or this is what you get.
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/440/pacecoll.jpg
Old 05-09-2004, 11:57 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Simp
Werd.

If you have a car with EGR just get some JB Weld and some sheet metal and fab up a ghetto style EGR block plate. The AIR system is also easy to remove, aside maybe from that piece of **** pump, although I'm sure it would be easy with the right tools.
Basically, if you want to keep your emissions crap, get the emissions headers. If you want to clean all that crap up get the race ones and remove all the rubbish. I've had my SES light on for 3 months since doing an AIR and EGR removal. The car runs fine and thif you can deal with the site of the SES light you'll be straight not getting the codes deleted.

can someone explain all this to a big dummy (me)? what is EGR? what is AIR? what emessions crap is there to remove?

Last edited by zchgla; 05-09-2004 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-09-2004, 09:20 PM
TECH Regular

anyone?
Old 05-09-2004, 09:25 PM
TECH Junkie

The Air And The Egr Are The Pipes That Run Into Your Headers The Egr Or Exaust Gas Reguration Valve Takes Connects Yout Intake Manifold To Your Primaries On The Header While The Air System Pumps Air Into Your Primaries To Help Heat Up Your Cats. If Your Doing Off Road Headers You Can Remove All This Crap But You Will Start Throwing Codes ... You Can Live With The Air Codes But Im Not Sure If The Egr Codes Will Effect Peformance One Way Yo Not Throw An Air Code Is Just To Leave The Air Pump In And Just Dicsonnect All The Plumbing From It This Is What I Did And All Is Good
Old 05-09-2004, 10:14 PM
TECH Regular

so the EGR is just the tube, and AIR pumps air into the primaries, got it. does anyone know of you can remove the tube and the pump? i met a guy that said he took something or other off of his lt1 T/A and he was saying that the exhaust got more black and smelling like crap because he took it off, is this what he removed?
Old 05-09-2004, 10:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Probaly His Cats
Old 05-09-2004, 10:54 PM
Teching In

Im on a cheap budget, is pacessetter the way to go for LT headers, and if so the y-pipe...in out?? Get one custom or what? Increase HP/torque a good amount, make sound better? you tell me