Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slack in Gas Pedal

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 08:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Slack in Gas Pedal

I was driving home today, cruise was off, had my foot on the gas and I felt a "pop" in the gas pedal I let off the gas and didn't feel anything else so I go to get back in the pedal and now I have a dead spot or slack in the pedal right at the top when you initially try to press the pedal down. When I got home I took the top of the TCS module that all of the throttle cables run in and out of and the cable going to my pedal seems to be fine, it's not broken or anything like that but the silver hub that it is attached to seems to be slack for about a 1/8 of a turn. What is supposed to take the slack out of this hub? The only other cables that are attached here is the one that runs to the throttle body and the one that runs to the cruise control that is attached to the plastic hub that sits on top of the silver hub.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:18 PM
Staging Lane

Think I may have resolved the issue, I think the clip that adjusts the slack in the cable that runs to the throttle body itself had come loose and let some slack into the system.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:36 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do yourself a favor, though, and when you get everything
tight have someone fully mat the pedal and see whether
yout TB blade is dead center, or not fully open. Many of
the 4th gen F-bodies come up short on cable draw and
never get to WOT. Sucks, for them.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:57 PM
Staging Lane

I should be pulling this motor soon to put my 408 in but I'll make sure the installer checks it when the new one is getting tuned. Thanks for the heads up.

Quick Reply: Slack in Gas Pedal