Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Witch throtle body to get for 2001

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 01:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Witch throtle body to get for 2001

I and wanting a throtle body but i dont know witch one to get and what size either so help me out here a little bit and help me decide witch one i want to go with, and what kinda result's i can get as well...
Old 05-09-2004, 01:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Port and polish your stocker save yourself some cash. Unless your running an aftermarket intake like FAST LSX or a massively ported and polished holley unit. Thats what I would do and have done, your car cant really do anything with a larger TB unless the intake is bigger or else it just gets bottle necked. Good Luck in whatever you choose to do!
Old 05-09-2004, 01:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll find that 'most' of us agree on having your current TB ported. It is really all you'll ever need. Some like powdercoating (looks), it's a matter of choice there - mine's not. Jantzer did mine, and I am very pleased, but I've heard good comments about Bauer as well. The TB helps the more you mod. I would expect 4 - 8 hp with your current mods. Good Luck to you.