Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porting the LSX manifold

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 08:50 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porting the LSX manifold

I ported my LSX to the "WITNESS" marks. In some areas the intake manifold ports are a little off, but for the most part, its really good. BIG difference from the small LS6 ports, to my new LSX ports, But thats where my question comes in: With such big ports now on my intake manifold, will I benifit any H.P/T.Q. over the LS6, or am I going to lose power? The car is a H/C car w/ nitrous. Last Question: HOw the hell do I keep the MAP sensor tight in the back. The little rubber grommet is kinda loose. I bet when I spray nitrous, that the MAP sensor will pop out from the pressure.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:37 AM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RTV the MAP sensor.

if you ported that intake larger than the ports on your heads you will create reversion/turbulance and will actually hurt performance. did you port match or just start porting?
Old 05-10-2004, 11:31 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
RTV the MAP sensor.

if you ported that intake larger than the ports on your heads you will create reversion/turbulance and will actually hurt performance. did you port match or just start porting?
I did port match, but some how, my caliper moved in size from my house to my friends house, and now this.....