Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need a place to put my cutout!

Old 01-09-2014, 11:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a place to put my cutout!

So I bought a 3" QTP exhaust cutout, wired it up, and when I went to install the actual piping, I realized that I would not have enough ground clearance. My car is not lowered, but the previous owner put the loudmouth resonator right before the hoop that goes over the rear axle. From what I understand, this is where most guys put their cutouts because the dump can tuck up into the subframe. The only place I can put mine is between the end of the y pipe and the beginning of the resonator; however, the cutout would not have enough clearance in that spot because there is no where for the dump to tuck into. Having long tubes further complicates the situation because it pushes everything back. Has anyone had a similar issue? I do not want to buy another cutout and put them right after the header collectors. I also do not want to reroute my entire exhaust. If anyone would like to shed light on this problem, it would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Old 01-12-2014, 12:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most people just put it in the I pipe under passenger side.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DeLaRosa25
Most people just put it in the I pipe under passenger side.
Just run it wherever you can. If you get it to close to the o2 sensors though, it will burn them up. I've heard about a foot off the header will work.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:05 PM
11 Second Club

mine is mounted basically right underneath the passenger rear seat. in that hole

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I need a place to put my cutout!