Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for advise

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 03:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for advise

first of all forgive my bad english. I have 96 Impala with ls1 & t56 bolt-ons & i want to modified my car to beat charger srt 6.4l & camaro ls3 all stocks Is thier any chance to beat them in 1/4 or 1/2 miles .What can i put in my hood to reach them with natural breath i don't like gas or turbo . open budget. I hope i can used my car daily not just for drag race. I think if I can reach 500 hp I will beat them ? what do u think ?
Old 01-15-2014, 09:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heads, Cam & intake on the LS1, or go to a LQ4 or LQ9 bore & stroke to 408 with heads cam & intake.

If you want to keep the LS1 I would go with TrickFlow TEA ported 215 heads, a LS6 intake or a FAST 102 intake with a 92 Throttle body, larger injectors (42 lb or 48 lb) and contact Martin at Tick Performance for a cam. You could do all this without pulling the engine.

If you don't care about keeping the LS1 then you have a world of options.

It is easy to purchase a crate engine that makes 500 or more hp either from an engine shop or from a GM Performance Parts dealer.

Or finding a used LQ4, LQ9, LS2, LS3 or even LS7 and having it rebuilt to your specs.

If I had an open budge I would be looking at a LSX454. I would change the valve covers so no one knows its a 454.

Just some stuff to think about.

Quick Reply: Looking for advise