Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QTP LT's ROCK !!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 10:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QTP LT's ROCK !!!

I finally got to install my QTP LT's and Catted Y pipe this weekend. The install was easy (well the drivers side header took a little bit of work, had to remove the oil filter and jack the engine up) but the passenger side literally slipped into place on the first try

After installing the LT's and changing plugs and wires we decided to put it on the ground and fire it up with open headers

HOLY **** you wouldn't believe how loud that sucker was in the garage... I swear it made me jump in the drivers seat when it fire up. All three of us had big **** eating grins on our face.

Next came the ypipe, Also a very nice piece... after a quick consultation to their website to see a pic of the assembled y pipe we got it put together in no time.

The whole system tucks up very nicely. The guy installing them with me said he's never seen a set tuck up and fit sooo nicely

Plus there's the added bonus that they look straight in the engine bay.

Took her out and even though i went from Mac mids to these LT's they seem to just rip open sooo much faster
Old 05-11-2004, 10:55 AM
Staging Lane

I have a set on my car that I installed last summer along with true duals. They are amazing headers. Excellent quality and really do tuck up nicely.
Old 05-11-2004, 02:54 PM
Teching In

I am also going to be buying qtp's soon. Any problems with the y-pipe hitting the subframes?
Old 05-11-2004, 04:06 PM
TECH Resident

Nope it's awfully awfully close but it doesn't hit them. I have the SLP DD design.

You won't regret it it's a great setup.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:06 PM
Teching In

Good to hear that they don't hit. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 165 Likes on 129 Posts

I have QTPs also. Put them on last Sunday. I had to disconnect the front suspenssion from the frame along with lifting the motor and removing the oil filter.... but they did slide right in..

I agree.. open headers are L O U D !!!!
Old 05-11-2004, 06:59 PM
TECH Regular

How does the GMMG sound w/out cats? Any sound clips?
Old 05-11-2004, 10:43 PM
11 Second Club

i have a set of QTPs too... awesome headers indeed
Old 05-11-2004, 11:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got my QTP's installed a couple of days ago with the dual QTEC y-pipe. My car is pretty slammed so I'm taking it to local exhaust guru to modify the y-pipe to get it a little higher off the ground, but I have no complaints at all. I got the race version with the high velocity merge collectors and this system is awesome. It made a huge differance in the top end on my car. The quality it outstanding. Did any of you guys polish your headers before putting them in or did you just install them as is ? I did some polishing of mine and they shine right up
Old 05-12-2004, 12:40 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 01SOMWS6
I am also going to be buying qtp's soon. Any problems with the y-pipe hitting the subframes?

if you put ur order in today, you might see them by late august!

i also have qtp's but not happy with customer service with barry! he jerked me around with all the delays! Wish i was given a tube of **** eaze before i made the call to barry. i ordered my LT's march 28 and got them after july 4th weekend!

dont get me wrong, definitly nice headers and worth the money, but he had more excuses about why he didnt get them out to me, i got 5 different excuses and he never called me to keep me updated! Never compensated me for all his unfulfilled promises on when i should have them, and towards the end he was beginning to become unprofessional to deal with. i have a ton of patience, but when someone says 4 weeks then starts promising me another week or 2 over and over again, and finally turns out to be over 3x that amount of time, i became a little edgey. ALthough it was never his fault if you asked him.

I am not the only one who has said this, when i wrote a post about it last year, i had a handful of other people email me with their similar story. I would recommend going with kooks, unless u dont mind waiting!
Old 05-12-2004, 02:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 165 Likes on 129 Posts

QTP actually has 98 - 2000 styles in stock, the 2001-2002 batch will be done in a couple of weeks I think.
Old 05-13-2004, 11:28 PM
Launching!

Sanders, I have the QTP headers without cats and GMMG. It sounds great. Its obviously louder than it was without the headers, but it's not ear numbing loud. Its loud when I want it to be, but can be quiet. Excellent combo in my opinion. As for power, I didn't have a baseline before the headers went on, but with the only power mods really being my headers, exhaust, new plugs, and lid, I make 340.9/353.1 at the rear.

Droopy, he and others are asking about fitment and quality. Not how you have a problem with how long it took you to get them and whining up a storm. If we want to hear your brooding, we'll find the other thread you did it in. So unless you have some tech answer, hush.
Old 05-13-2004, 11:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Jimm

Droopy, he and others are asking about fitment and quality. Not how you have a problem with how long it took you to get them and whining up a storm. If we want to hear your brooding, we'll find the other thread you did it in. So unless you have some tech answer, hush.

blow me assface! if you have a problem with my post then you can email me, why must you try to boost ur igo over the internet by cutting me down. if you are upset about the fact i am not kissing barry's ***, then im sorry to let you down!
i was simply making a point to a potential buyer that he might want to take in fact it took me and others several months to get their finished product and the customer service was shakey at best! although i did say its a good product if you read it througholy!

If you have a problem, feel free to email me or aim me at dcdroopy, i have never met someone take such offense to another persons shody experience!
Old 05-14-2004, 12:23 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

QTPs

Old 05-14-2004, 11:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It took mine only 4 weeks from the day I ordered the QTP's until the day they arrived. Plus, Barry helped me out greatly when UPS screwed up the shipping. In my situation, Barry and QTP did a great job.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:42 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got mine promptly and they fit great, perform great, and look great. Cut the nub off the side of the engine and didn't have to unbolt the motor mount or anything else. Did remove the oil filter though.
Old 05-15-2004, 12:19 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the reply Jimm!
Old 05-15-2004, 09:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sanders
How does the GMMG sound w/out cats? Any sound clips?
I have that setup as well. As Jimm said, it's not too loud (don't get me wrong it sets off car alarms easily) but inside the car iot's not bad under normal driving conditions. But open her up and it screams!! Car gets tons of compliments (except from the people who have to sit in the backseat haha) and I think it's a great sound. Car made 338hp/347tq with mods in sig. I am however switching to true duals in the summer. Mainly for the lower and mid range gains they give, and they sound as good if not better than what I have now. Great headers and great setup!!

Forgot to add two things:
1) I had a bullet installed in the I-pipe to tone down the rasp. It did it's job to an extent, still have some rasp but nothing bad.
2) I believe the reason for the long wait for the headers back in the begining of last year was that Barry switched fabricators for the headers and they had a hard time right off the bat trying to catch up and meet the demands of all the orders. Supply and Demand my friends, its a fact of life.

Last edited by Sniper33; 05-15-2004 at 09:45 AM.
Old 05-15-2004, 10:30 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sniper33
I have that setup as well. As Jimm said, it's not too loud (don't get me wrong it sets off car alarms easily) but inside the car iot's not bad under normal driving conditions. But open her up and it screams!! Car gets tons of compliments (except from the people who have to sit in the backseat haha) and I think it's a great sound.
Yea, the thing screamed on the dyno. It was like finding out your perfect child has a bad streak to him. You didn't know he was cable of such things
Old 05-15-2004, 10:36 AM
Teching In

i am pretty new to this cool ls1 stuff since i just got my car a bit ago and i was able to install the QTPs all by my self with a hand from my father...

they are a really nice piece!.... and gotta love that sound

QTPs rock!