Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My LSx problem hopefully fixed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 08:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My LSx problem hopefully fixed!

Your opinions please. I've made 4-5 posts already about this problem, and I think I may have fixed my LSx intake. For those of you who didnt read my posts, I never changed the Valley bolts, with the ones F.A.S.T. includes with the intake, so when I installed the intake, the floor it it (bottom shell) cracked in 8 little hairline cracks (just on the inside, the outside bottom of the intake was fine in all spots but one) I epoxyed the outside bottom (just incase) and I epoxyed over the hairline cracks on the inside floor of the intake. HERE IS MY QUESTION: The epoxy seems really strong, but how can I re-insure myself that its not going to fail on me, or in other words become loose, and I suck on down my intake ports, and then..... . I called F.A.S.T today to see if I can buy a replacment bottom, but they currently have them on back order. Any info you could give would be great, Thanks
Old 05-11-2004, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

It might help if you mention what type/brand of epoxy you used?

Al
Old 05-11-2004, 08:53 PM
TECH Regular

Made by permatex, also said "superglue" on the 2 part epoxy tubes.. Says takes heat up too 230 degrees, and extra setting time (most of the time, the longer setting glues are stronger)
Old 05-12-2004, 07:57 PM
TECH Regular

anyone here?