Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need pics nice story warranty fight

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need pics nice story warranty fight

One year ago I had a insurace claim on my z28, water got into the engine.
I take my car to a dealership closer to my house for the work. They replaced the engine no prob. Last week I took my car back to the place where I bought the car for warranty work T Tops leaking, door rattling and winding sound comming from the tranny when I press the clutch in. Ok the dealership where I bought the car fixed the T Tops and the rattles. They then tell me they cant touch the tranny due to the fact that the other dealership put my engine in. OK no prob if you wont do it tanks for the work you did ill never be back. These people are being di*ks to me. So I take my car back to the dealer that did my engine. I have SLP's LM exhaust on my car. They call me up saying that the release bearing is bad in my tranny. Ok thats under warranty. They say that they have to cut my exhaust and reweld it back and they are going to charge me 176 bucks for the work. I talked to the lady they said since I put aftermarket exhaust on my car that they cant drop the tranny unless they cut the exhaust. My argument is this the part in the tranny went bad so they have to cut my part I put on the car off to fix it. Their argument is that if i didnt put the part on my car then they wouldnt have to cut my part off. I fully understand their point. Ill pay to have the work done but before I do I was wondering if anyone has any pics of the stock exhaust to see if they would have to cut it to do the work.???
Old 05-12-2004, 02:07 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if that's the only issue, cut it off yourself and bring it to them adn then have it welded back on for 20 bucks at an exhaust shop
Old 05-12-2004, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

They told me that if the stock exhaust was on the car then they wouldnt have to cut the exhaust to begin with im trying to figure out if thats a lie or not due to the fact that the car is about to be out of warranty and they are just trying to get money out of me. If thats the case then the work will be free and I dont have to get my 300 dollar exhaust chopped up.
Old 05-12-2004, 02:19 PM
Motorboater

they shouldn't ahve to do **** to get the tranny out.

99 and up exhaust is bolt together. they can just unbolt your y pipe to get the trans out. the only place the might have to be cut and welded would be where the Y pipe meets the intermediate pipe. that will depend on how your loudmouth was put on..if it was welded at that point or just clamped on.

if that's the case, take 5 minutes and cut the y pipe/intermediate pipe spot and then have it welded back up later.

if htey are saying they have to cut anything else they are full of ****..the y pipe can just be unbolted and taken off and the trans will be free to drop out
Old 05-12-2004, 02:24 PM
Launching!

Stock exhaust is bolted together if I am not mistaken, so yeah, if your new exhaust is not bolt on, then they are in the right here.
Old 05-12-2004, 02:25 PM
TECH Veteran

like silver ghost said, you must have welded the y-pipe to the intermediat pipe. in that case i may have to be cut if there isnt another joint going over the axle. if there is(not familiar with lm exhausts) just unbolt if from the cats and from the over the axle pipe and drop the entire thing down.
Old 05-12-2004, 02:27 PM
Motorboater

doubtful there is any way to disconnect it over the axle unless it was custom installed that way.
Old 05-12-2004, 02:28 PM
On The Tree

My LM was welded at that point. So basically if they cut it their im screwed but if they cut it anywhere else then bitch because they already did the work im supposed to go pick it up today. So if they can drop the tranny by basically unbolting the the Y pipe why would they need to cut the I to drop the tranny? Does the I pipe go over something its been awhile since ive been under the car
Old 05-12-2004, 02:38 PM
TECH Veteran

my borla has another fitting joint rite before it goes over the axle. if yours dont you will have to cut it and then put a 3 inch band clamp back around it or get a small fitting that accepts 3" on both sides and reweld it.
Old 05-12-2004, 02:50 PM
On The Tree

Nah its all welded up welp lesson learnt and good money spent in a a bad way. Thanks for all the help and the fast replys guys. Ill let your guys know how it sounds when i get it back hopefully gm can weld
Old 05-12-2004, 04:56 PM
On The Tree

welp got the car back. Got to the dealership payed for my nice assrape of a bill, got the keys and got in the car fired it up winding noise is gone good reved up the engine and the worse exhaust rattle ever came out of the pipes. Pulled the car straight into the service bay and told the lady that it was rattling. She got in the car reved it up and looks me in the eye and says i cant hear it so then she's like ill fix this problem. She goes and gets the service manager the guy i was fighting with on the phone yesterday. He gets in the car and revs it up and you can hear this exhaust bouncing off of the walls the rattle is so bad and looks at me and says i cant hear anything but this loud noise of an exhaust you put on here. I told him to go and get the General Manager of the Dealership. Well he walks off from me. He starts doing something else. the lady is standing their looking at me like im stupid and she says we can't hear anything. So me losing it at this point after paying 176 dollars looks at her and say you and him are both ******* def and you need hearing aids. So this young tech is walking by. I tell him to get in the car and i said to him. Tell me the gods honest truth can you hear that rattle. He looks at me and says i cant see where someone wouldnt hear it its loud as hell. Anyways he takes it back and i watched him fix it. Im still pissed that i had to pay 176 bucks for one damn weld but im happy that their is at least one person their isnt a ******* and takes pride in what they do. I thanked the guy for fixing my car and comes to find out i went to school with the guy. just wanted to share my experiance. If you live in Charlotte or in NC never take your car to Freedom Chevrolet on Independence Blvd.