Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mightymouse Solutions 'Black' PCV catch can install

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 09:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

The race one is the style I run. Takes an lines and not hooked to engine vaccum to help pull crank case pressure. PCV style is nice for street cars. Looks like the middle one looks for serious street cars.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
The race one is the style I run. Takes an lines and not hooked to engine vaccum to help pull crank case pressure. PCV style is nice for street cars. Looks like the middle one looks for serious street cars.
You talking about the "Draft" can? I'm confused between the "Draft" and "PVC" can.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:55 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
You talking about the "Draft" can? I'm confused between the "Draft" and "PVC" can.
Yes the draft. Looks like the OP has PCV
Old 02-19-2015, 10:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross

Yes the draft. Looks like the OP has PCV
Thanks. I may pick up that MM Draft can. Got to get the SE 1 7/8 headers ordered too.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From MMS's website:

"MM "Black" Series Catch can

WE MADE HIM STRONGER!
-You know what they say.. The MM 'Black' series are bigger and badasser! You now get a higher flowing can, more volume, a 'no remove' drain, a more durable finish, servicable,swappable -AN O-ring fittings, and improved mounting system; and most importantly the ladies love 'em!

​1. Black "Race" Can
- This is a no nonsense can for BECAUSE RACE CAR. Two dirty -AN inlets in 6,8,10 or 3/8 -1/2" barb and a wide open breather to let it all fly (except the oil).

- Use this can when you do not have need or want to put a vacuum draw on the crank case, or circulate fresh air in / dirty out.

2. Black "Draft" Can
- This is one step toward the environment; Hook between your engine and low pressure S/C or TURBO Filtered inlet with your choice of -AN or barb fittings on either side. This can has a ONE WAY BREATHER so it will scavenge crankcase fumes, while venting any blow by you can hum its direction. Guaranteed not to transfer oil!

-Use this can when you want to avoid fumes or oil mist in the engine bay, and want some vacuum draw on the crank case, but do not want to circulate fresh air in / dirty out, OR ON FACTORY SYSTEMS THAT DO NOT USE A PCV VALVE.

3. Black "PCV" Can
- Unlike any of the competition; The full closed loop operation by using my ''boost proof'' all metal fully metering PCV valve allows this can to integrate into an oem system without freaking it out or being illegal. The PCV valve line hooks to intake manifold vacuum to maximize engine oil life, crankcase vacuum, and EMISSIONS! Uses same dual pass cleaning as the others along with the ONE WAY BREATHER to completely eliminate crankcase pressure. Guaranteed to keep your intake clean.

- Use this can when you want to retain your full stock-like pcv operation, without any of the compromises."
Old 02-20-2015, 12:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

I guess what I'm asking is what made you pick the PVC one over the Draft one?
Old 02-20-2015, 12:32 PM
TECH Addict

I guess what I'm asking is what made you pick the PVC one over the Draft one?
Ummmm not sure. I had a regular Norris catch can, with OEM style PCV valve inline previously. So I guess I just wanted to keep things the way they were?!?
Old 02-20-2015, 12:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by White.Lightning
Ummmm not sure. I had a regular Norris catch can, with OEM style PCV valve inline previously. So I guess I just wanted to keep things the way they were?!?
Makes complete sense. That's what I figured, but thought I'd ask. After reading over the Draft and PVC catch cans descriptions, I guess they are pretty much the same and do the same thing, so either one will be fine.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:48 PM
10 Second Club

PCV would be fine.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Draft style is a little cheaper.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

with the draft style in stock configuration it must be used in-line of the factory pcv restriction. not doing so would allow too much vac to the crankcase

pcv style replaces the factory restriction, and relocates it to the intake side of the system (vs engine side like stock) so flow TO the can is unrestricted

the draft style can also be used as a scavenge system (not pcv) by connecting it direct between valve covers and engine air filter for slight suction all the time.

the only place that has any in stock is ws6store.com (pcv with ls head mount)
Old 03-14-2015, 10:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
with the draft style in stock configuration it must be used in-line of the factory pcv restriction. not doing so would allow too much vac to the crankcase

pcv style replaces the factory restriction, and relocates it to the intake side of the system (vs engine side like stock) so flow TO the can is unrestricted

the draft style can also be used as a scavenge system (not pcv) by connecting it direct between valve covers and engine air filter for slight suction all the time.

the only place that has any in stock is ws6store.com (pcv with ls head mount)
What size line do you recommend for a turbo ls build? I will be using the oil fill an adapter.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

I am trying to decide if I should ditch my RX can for one of these. Any issues with the ventilation into the atmosphere?
Old 03-24-2015, 03:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have to remove the restriction in the valley cover to run the pcv can?
Old 03-24-2015, 06:05 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by phat_ridegt
What size line do you recommend for a turbo ls build? I will be using the oil fill an adapter.
Any size will be fine, and any can style would work for your application.

Originally Posted by texasglock23
I am trying to decide if I should ditch my RX can for one of these. Any issues with the ventilation into the atmosphere?
I've owned and seen other cans before. The MMS can is definitely top notch. I'd recommend one to anyone who asked.

Originally Posted by maroonls1z
Do you have to remove the restriction in the valley cover to run the pcv can?
I don't think so. Check the instructions on his website. I think it says to connect one of 3-4 available ports to the can inlet. No mention of modifying anything. Then connect the can outlet to the throttle body.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:27 PM
TECH Regular

Just got my draft can,just need to find a spot to mount it..

Mongoose did you get one?
Old 04-27-2015, 09:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a catch can installed on my Toyota tacoma. For those guys saying why should I run a Catch can on my NA motor. Let me tell you. I collect so much junk out of my catch on a weekly basis. Ill post pics tomorrow for you guys. I will be getting one of these for my camaro on the next payday for sure.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

This new MM can looks much better visually then his older model that I have. Wonder if there are any upgrades inside the can to warrant the big price increase.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:18 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
This new MM can looks much better visually then his older model that I have. Wonder if there are any upgrades inside the can to warrant the big price increase.
His site says "we made him stronger"...so I'm guessing something has changed.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:48 AM
TECH Regular

I'm sure you could email and ask the difference, hrs always fast to respond.or maybe he will chime in.

Quick Reply: Mightymouse Solutions 'Black' PCV catch can install