Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone have FLP headers???

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow anyone have FLP headers???

does anyone have FLP headers un-installed ?
im port matching my exhaust ports and i still have my gaskets that came with my FLP headers....

i was wondering if the gaskets they supply match the headers exact! if so then i can use the gaskets to mark my heads......anyone please!
Old 05-13-2004, 07:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by M6HuggerSS
does anyone have FLP headers un-installed ?
im port matching my exhaust ports and i still have my gaskets that came with my FLP headers....

i was wondering if the gaskets they supply match the headers exact! if so then i can use the gaskets to mark my heads......anyone please!
Call FLP they will tell you.
Alan
Old 05-13-2004, 06:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get the stock ones from gm thats what i used
Old 05-13-2004, 08:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The FLP gaskets lasted about 8 months for me before blowing out; went back to GM, fine for years now.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

sorry....but no one answerd my question........im in the process of porting and polishing some heads for my SS. we are going to port match the intake and exhaust ports.
my car is not takin apart yet! the heads have no core....so i cant compare my heads to the headers that are on my car currently......so i was going to use my old FLP gaskets as a templet! so if the gaskets matches to holes perfect i can just lay the gasket on my new heads and mark them and port them accordingly.....

so does anyone have some FLP headers waiting to be installed and and let me know???

THANKS???? sorry for the confusion,
Old 05-16-2004, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

can someone please set there FLP gaskets up to there (uninstalled) FLP headers and tell me if the header bore is the same as the gasket? are they close enough to use the gasket as a templet to port match my new heads.....
Old 05-16-2004, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm confused here. Why would you want to use a gasket that you are not even going to use as a template? I would use the stock gasket as a template if that is what you are using. Another way to look at it is the gaskets have openings that are larger than the headers and exhaust ports in order for them to not to become an obstruction. With that in mind I would wait until I had the headers and heads off the car to compare. Otherwise you run the risk of overboring the exhaust port compared to the header tube.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the info.... i never thought of that! ill have to re-think how to do the matching....thanks!