Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what else will I have to do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what else will I have to do?

Got a new stock ls1 motor. Putting a professional products 96mm intake and tb, bbk full length headers, SLP loud mouth cat backs, SLP cold air w/lid, k&n filter. Will I have to change the cam? What else do I need?

Last edited by jjgan24; 03-18-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have quite a bit of research to do, but no you will not have to change the cam. You will need new gaskets for what you are replacing, I would use an OEM header gasket for the LT's. Also may want to get new O2 sensors for the headers. Will you be running cats, ORY? Look around on the site, and you will see what works and what doesn't. I personally run an ORY pipe into the stock catback with a cutout, I just couldn't justify spending so much money on a catback for minimal performance. Best of luck and happy researching.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Why would you wonder if you would "have to" change the cam? It's not necessary, but like any mod...it will obviously make more power lol
Old 03-18-2014, 08:08 PM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, you need to change your mind about the Loudmouth catback if you are going to go ORY. It sounds worse in person than how bad it sounds/rasps/drones on video. I'd change my mind about the K&N filter as well... I don't mean to sound rude but you need to do some research before you go all out with mods like that. I mean why would you need to change the cam for adding bolt-ons?

Quick Reply: what else will I have to do?