Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rove car today with the LSx intake on it.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 08:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rove car today with the LSx intake on it.....

I dont think im very happy with it. I feel like i lost some lowend (I did port it to the witness marks) The car backfired at WOT the first time I floored it I was like WTF. The car seems to pull more up top though. I think that Im going to put my LS6 intake back on... This manifold has me sick ...
Old 05-16-2004, 08:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats a shame... Perhaps dyno it to make sure you aren't still lightheaded from paying $800 for it. If you don't want it, I'll take it for $50
Old 05-16-2004, 09:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ferocity02
Thats a shame... Perhaps dyno it to make sure you aren't still lightheaded from paying $800 for it. If you don't want it, I'll take it for $50
You may be right. I guess for the money we spend for mods like that, you should really notice a differance....
Old 05-16-2004, 10:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Not quite shure what you were expecting. Adiing the 78mm version over the LS-6 isn't going to net huge gains. On another note, when you ported it, did you just open it as far as you could, or did you do the right thing and remove the upper half of the intake and match it to your heads? If you just ported it to the max, your intake will be bigger than your intake ports on the heads and your probablly causing more turbulence than anything. The witness groves are there to tell you how far you can port IF NEEDED. Not just to port there because you can.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:02 AM
On The Tree

I just upgraded to LS6....I don't feel any power difference but throttle response is AMAZING