Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers and exhaust problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 01:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers and exhaust problem

Hey all. So during the week I recently had my pacesetter long tubes installed and a 3in dual exhaust put in. Now, there was some confusion at the exhaust shop and he didn't get what I wanted and made literal, true duals, no cross pipe on it. I asked for and x or h pipe, insted I got a ls1 that sounds like a farm truck. Luckily, he is going to fix his mess up and install an h pipe either tomorrow or Tuesday. But so my question is, my car seems so much slower.. Is it caused from the straight pipe duals or do you think I have something else going on? He deleted the EGR, i don't see how that would cause it. But I have 2 codes being thrown. 140 and 160 I believe. It's no activity on my o2's, we discussed deleting the rear o2's since they are not needed. But I'm at a loss as far as what's wrong. Any ideas?
Old 05-04-2014, 03:00 PM
On The Tree

If he didn't delete the o2s or the EGR in the PCM that would cause the car to go into safe mode. Which would make it run super rich.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Lowmiles
If he didn't delete the o2s or the EGR in the PCM that would cause the car to go into safe mode. Which would make it run super rich.
Do I need to just take it to a place with a tuner to omit the egr and o2 delete?
Old 05-04-2014, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Yes you need to go to someone that can tune the car for it.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is this true? Safe mode for egr or rear O2's? I deleted mine with hedders and have not had them tuned out yet but i have not noticed any eccessive rich condition.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FAD2BLK93
Is this true? Safe mode for egr or rear O2's? I deleted mine with hedders and have not had them tuned out yet but i have not noticed any eccessive rich condition.
Ttt...anyone have an answer for this? Thanks
Old 05-07-2014, 05:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

no it wont. the pcm will throw codes for no egr and no rear o2 but they have no effect on performance. the only time you will see a loss of power is with the front o2's. it is common for people to think the car is a little slower after headers because they shift the powerband around. you should get a tune though to maximize the mods
Old 05-07-2014, 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by redbird555
no it wont. the pcm will throw codes for no egr and no rear o2 but they have no effect on performance. the only time you will see a loss of power is with the front o2's. it is common for people to think the car is a little slower after headers because they shift the powerband around. you should get a tune though to maximize the mods
Thanks...thats what i thought.

Quick Reply: Headers and exhaust problem