Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 427 motor now have bank 1 rich and bank 2 lean help

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 03:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New 427 motor now have bank 1 rich and bank 2 lean help

Hey guys just put my new motor in my 02 Fbody which is a fully forged 430 and after startup and base tune I'm running into an issue

My cats end up glowing red, bank 2 first and then bank 1. However my 02 shows that I'm running super rich on bank 1 and super lean on bank 2. I have to check the plugs tomorrow am but I'm wondering what could be doing this and where should I start looking?

My fuel system is the nasty performance pro touring fuel cell with magnafuel 4301 pump going to a magnafuel y block, fast fuel rails, ID 1000cc injectors, and magnafuel FPR.

The motor has Callie's crank, Oliver billet rods, diamond pistons -28cc, afr 235 heads with triple springs, stock rockers with upgraded bearing, Fast 102 TB, Fast 102 intake, and fast fuel rails.

Please let me know your thoughts
Old 05-12-2014, 06:52 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it a return style fuel system? Maybe you've got a dud injector and it's just pissing right into one of the cylinders and not pulsing. I would check the coils with a test light and check for pulsing ground, and then if that fails stethoscope each injector and listen for a ticking as it releases fuel. Do you have it tuned yet?
Old 05-12-2014, 08:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks. So far no vac leak. I have it tuned working through it with LSX power tuning now.

Have Injector dynamics 1000cc injectors.

Good point on the coils have to check that. And yes it is a return system.

Hope this helps let me know your thoughts

We have also heard each injector firing so far
Old 05-12-2014, 11:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

New update So i have my rear 02`s turned off and the wiress were semi cris crossed. I am now reading the 02`s near each other. however prior to fixing this i pulled a spark plug out of bank one and it was lean, and then pull the same spark plug out of bank 2 and it was rich.

We checked for vac leaks and found none around manifolds etc.

What would cause bank one to be lean and bank 2 to be rich? could it have been this mix up with the 02 sensor? Vacuum is ruled out so far. Let me know your thoughts please.

Thanks!
Old 05-12-2014, 02:12 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We have seen this happen many times before. It sounds like the o2 is in the wrong spot. An easy way to check, unplug one sensor and start the car. Read what code was thrown. It should say bank 1 sensor 1 low voltage or something like that. If you unplug the drivers side o2 and the code is bank 2 sensor 1, then they are backwards.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:04 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good call CBM. Didn't even think of unplugging the O2s. If that all checks out, see what the MAF sensor is reading in correlation with the O2's. You might actually have an O2 sensor thats on the bubble. If they were crossed that would make sense though. Hope thats your issue!!
Old 05-14-2014, 11:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ok im an idiot... Just to update everyone I had my Rear 02`s disabled and my front 02`s swapped and crossed. I created my own lean condition. Everything is good now thanks for all your help!

Quick Reply: New 427 motor now have bank 1 rich and bank 2 lean help