Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question about texas speed catted y-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 08:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about texas speed catted y-pipe

I ordered a texas speed catted y-pipe to go along with my hooker long tube headers. What I was wondering is if the y pipe has bungs in it for the downstream o2 sensors. I will probably have the downstreams tuned out by a local tuner, but I am almost certain that Pennsylvania visual emissions check requires me to have four o2 sensors, two before cats and two after. If this y-pipe has no bungs, is it possible to have them added?
Old 05-15-2014, 10:11 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, we do not have bungs welded on for the downstream O2 sensors as they will still need to be deleted in the tune even when running the cats. The high flow cats flow so much and are moved further downstream so it will still trip a code. You can purchase O2 bungs from various sources and have them welded on to fake out the rear O2 sensors so that it will pass visual inspection if you wish.

Lonnie
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900

Quick Reply: question about texas speed catted y-pipe