Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 Inlet on LQ4

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 07:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 Inlet on LQ4

Sorry if this has been answered before, I did a search but couldn't really find what i was looking for. I am putting an LQ4 in a tube chassis English saloon car and as such will not have the space available for the truck inlet manifold. I know I could get an LS1 or better yet an LS6 but being in england they don't turn up very often. There is an LS2 inlet with fuel rails on offer at the mo, my question is aside from the 4 bolt throttle body what else will I need in order to get the LS2 inlet to work on the LQ4? And what if any bits can be used from the LQ4 inlet? What shape/style injectors are necessary? I have an early LQ4 w 317 heads, I'm aware the truck water pump will interfere with throttle pulleys etc and not desperate for the best flowing inlet just one I can get in the space available!
Old 05-19-2014, 08:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

If you have the whole piece with rails and injectors then just pop the whole thing on as is. You'll need the shorter LS2 style injectors.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by redtan
If you have the whole piece with rails and injectors then just pop the whole thing on as is. You'll need the shorter LS2 style injectors.
Sorry should have said, it is just the manifold and fuel rails
Old 05-20-2014, 02:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

The LS1 injectors are longer than the truck injectors, not sure if LS2s are as well.
If it would be difficult sourcing the injectors and pigtails, your easiest solution would be use the LS2 intake, LQ4 injectors with the LQ4 wiring and aftermarket billet style rails. They're available here on ebay under $100. You'll have to fab shorter hold down brackets though. The non-flex fuel injectors have a plastic tip that needs to be removed to fit the LS1 intake, again not sure on the LS2.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:57 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for your help

Quick Reply: LS2 Inlet on LQ4