Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa Catback

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 09:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Corsa Catback

Finally got the hear the corsa at WOT since I installed it over the winter but had to baby the car due to the ford 8.8 install (put new gears in)

it doesn't sound too bad- we added a custom 3" Y-pipe into the mix since the factory Y-pipe doesn't clear the sphon chassis mount torque arm with a D/S loop...go figure

Picked up the infamous floor rattle with the 3" y-pipe under certain loads when taking off, Im sure a set of poly motor mounts should fix that...atleast I hope

It could be a tad louder at idle, but overall I guess I am pretty happy...headers and high flow cats next year should really wake the car up and make it that tad louder that I want it...

Old 05-21-2014, 06:39 PM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

That's the first time I have heard a quality video of the Corsa catback. I think it sounds pretty good. seems a tad quiet.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fourth-Gen Man
That's the first time I have heard a quality video of the Corsa catback. I think it sounds pretty good. seems a tad quiet.
Thanks - ya I couldn't find any really good videos that were just straight to the point for what I wanted to hear lol, so I made one hahaha

It is a tad quiet- it's almost like it doesn't have exhaust when you are in the car just idling at a light, but you start to hear it around 2000-2500 rpm or so.

One thing that is slightly annoying is that you can hear the setup shift when going over bumps- my exhaust guy seems to think that is because it is bolt together and not welded, I dunno though...I need to find a fix soon though

It is a different sound though for sure, it is more "tuned" than raw sounding

Quick Reply: Corsa Catback