Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TFS heads

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default TFS heads

I am looking at the TFS heads specifically the "as cast" and 215s. These going on a strong effort nitrous build on SBE LS1, topped with a FAST 102 as the car is still a street car and I want to be able to keep driving it on the street. I am ASSUMING that if I am getting them ported to match intake that the as cast would be the way to go as they are if I can remember only around 1600 (I think) and if I was buying a set to put on out of box the 215s would be way to go? The cam will be custom spec'd for which ever heads choose. I have done Alot of searching and searching and reading. I am seeing the 215s being used more but also in the same threads have seen people SAY the as cast ported are better, keyword SAY.
How much better are the 215s stock for stock?

Last edited by SCott5; 05-25-2014 at 06:40 AM.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:31 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Thought you were using your $440 FAST 78?

Personally I'd get on the horn and talk to Brian Tooley. That guy has helped me more times than I can count. Also, you might be VERY surprised at what his hand ported TFS 220's cost compared to the 215's, and make the same if not a bit more power.

Just a thought.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea I was going to call him this week.

Decided to put that on the car now and just have the bolt on and spray After sitting here thinking about what I want in the end game I would just be "wasting" my money because I probably wouldn't be happy so after running numbers I decided to just start now. It will take alil longer but I think I will be more happy.

Quick Reply: TFS heads