Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding BBK LTs & replacing my LM2 muffler...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 08:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding BBK LTs & replacing my LM2 muffler...

I apologize up front for asking a repetitive question, but I'm looking for info regarding my EXACT set-up and the 'search' isn't cutting it

I have a 2002 WS6, with a SLP Loudmouth 2 catback and a Volant CAI...

I'm about to throw on my BBK Longtube chrome headers w/ #59956 magnaflow cats, and I'm aware that it is going to be extremely loud. Im looking for a replacement muffler to 'tone down' the sound a little bit after the LTs are installed. I'm sure there are some guys on here running the same set-up.

Also, I DO plan on putting on a cam shaft kit from texas speed AND a stall converter as well, just not sure which one I'm going with yet (any help on that would be greatly appreciated too).

Im a big fan of how the car sounds as it sits with just the LM2 catback and Volant CAI so that should give an idea of how I want it to sound.. Thanks in advance for the help u guys rock!

Last edited by Ponti_n_Monte; 06-04-2014 at 03:08 PM. Reason: more info
Old 06-04-2014, 08:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

since you already have the lm2 maybe you should look into the pro flow conversion kit. You can find it on slp website. It really tones it down and gives much better tone
Old 06-04-2014, 02:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Full-Force
since you already have the lm2 maybe you should look into the pro flow conversion kit. You can find it on slp website. It really tones it down and gives much better tone
seems a little pricey ($300) considering I can just replace the LM2 muffler with a different muffler for a fraction of the price ... or am I missing something?
Old 06-04-2014, 03:03 PM
Teching In

I should probably mention that I plan on putting the old LM2 muffler on my 02 Monte Carlo SS so I really dont mind replacing it
Old 06-04-2014, 03:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ponti_n_Monte
seems a little pricey ($300) considering I can just replace the LM2 muffler with a different muffler for a fraction of the price ... or am I missing something?
it just doesnt tone it down much. You would have three mufflers compared to one and also having the other two further downstream helps with this.

I agree its pricey. If it were me I would make my own pro flow but not everyone has the tools to do it themselves
Old 06-04-2014, 08:56 PM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the Powerflo is worth the money because it is one of the few catbacks that eliminate all of the rasp and popping even with LT's.

Either way since you are still going to be running cats I don't think it will be incredibly loud. Maybe you should just do the LT's with your Magnaflow cats and see how you like it before changing the rest.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Fourth-Gen Man
Maybe you should just do the LT's with your Magnaflow cats and see how you like it before changing the rest.
THIS. I think that is exactly what I shall do
Old 06-06-2014, 01:19 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Fourth-Gen Man;18250438]I think the Powerflo is worth the money because it is one of the few catbacks that eliminate all of the rasp and popping even with LT's.

Power Flo is definitely worth the money. Helped me out big time to quiet it down with zero restriction.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my BBK's no cats and LM2. Try it out first than swap things out. I think you will like it alot more than you think.

Quick Reply: Adding BBK LTs & replacing my LM2 muffler...