Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS valve cover

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 08:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LS valve cover

New to the LS and stuffing big turbos on them seems to easy. I have what may seem to most to be a dumb question. The tubes that come off the valve covers to the intake I am assuming they are essentially crankcase reliefs? If so what is a simple but effective way to disconnect from the intake? I am pretty sure that the passenger side tube where it connects just behind the throttle body is blowing oil when it goes under boost. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have all 3 ports on my vale covers plumbed in to a vented catch can. Works well drain about 6-oz every oil change. I also removed the pipe in the throttle body and taped threads for a plug.

You can also do a search for "mighty mouse catch can" in the FI section if you want to run a PCV, he makes a good sealed can.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by conan; 07-27-2014 at 11:43 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's the PCV system. From what I understand, it helps with blow-by and something else that I can't remember. Apparantly it's complicated and important, but on LS1's, those lines tend to suck in oil to the intake via it's vacuum. Do as suggested above or google search the mighty mouse.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

if all you want is to stop boosting the crank case then do as the first reply says.

this also defeats the pcv system, not too many people have a fix for that if you want to keep it

Quick Reply: LS valve cover