Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does a anybody make a direct fit higher speed and higher cfm fan for the Fbody

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 10:34 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default does a anybody make a direct fit higher speed and higher cfm fan for the Fbody

Just looking for options for a buddy of mine

2001 Fbody... stock radiator and fans right now....just running a little warm....and some better fans would solve the issue...and wont require any fab work to make it fit in an already tight engine bay
its fine while driving down the road...but temps creep up when sitting still

just looking for maybe a drop in replacement with dual fans...both high speed and both moving more air than the stock fans

Thanks

Last edited by soundengineer; 08-02-2014 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:47 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Have you tried talking to Tom Dewitt? Just a thought off the top of my head. Spal has some new brushless fans out that are supossed to be the bees knees.

Again, just shooting from the hip, but maybe the DeWitt's C5 fan kit would be pretty easy to retrofit in an FBody.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

lt1 radiator is thicker and would help . The stock fans do a great job . Whats the engine or forced iduction setup ?
Old 08-01-2014, 10:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I agree about the lt1 radiator. Also any option for something isolate heat or some way to help extract if from under the hood? Adjustments to the fan settings?

You may have already exhausted those options.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:14 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Completely missed the part where it still had an LS1 radiator... You'll see a substantial difference with the LT1 (speaking from experience)

Also had no clue you were literally right next to me; lived in Cecilia for years.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:37 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Have you tried talking to Tom Dewitt? Just a thought off the top of my head. Spal has some new brushless fans out that are supossed to be the bees knees.

Again, just shooting from the hip, but maybe the DeWitt's C5 fan kit would be pretty easy to retrofit in an FBody.
Thanks Whigham....
I spoke with the guys over at dewit today...
they say its an exact fit for the Fbody or the C5
they also make a double core Fbody Radiator should we need to upgrade it as well

they think the Fans should do the job...
the issue is that there is a bunch of other crap in the way and airflow was a little restricted....the fans moving more air should solve the issue
Old 08-02-2014, 09:13 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

The maximum cooling that can be had with an F-body is with a bigger radiator, "better" water pump and running a separate transmission cooler. An engine oil cooler will also help keep temps down.

Higher flowing fans will help a bit but cooling is more determined by the exposed surface area of the tubes of the radiator. The greater the better.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:14 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Paul Bell
The maximum cooling that can be had with an F-body is with a bigger radiator, "better" water pump and running a separate transmission cooler. An engine oil cooler will also help keep temps down.

Higher flowing fans will help a bit but cooling is more determined by the exposed surface area of the tubes of the radiator. The greater the better.

its an issue of space more than the radiator....

and it doesnt have any issues as long as the car is moving....
it just gets a littlle on the warm side when sitting still in traffic he says

so the Higher CFM fan will help while sitting still
Old 08-02-2014, 12:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is the car stock? i live in Dubai where temps go 113 + and probably it heat soak way beyond that in traffic, its also my DD. i could definitely feel a difference when the car heats up but it never actually over heats or even close to over heat. have you tried a manual switch fan on your existing fans?
Old 08-02-2014, 12:57 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Scott, I'd say going to the LT1 radiator would benefit you more than fans. And it's the same size as the LS radiator.

Of course, you are correct that an aftermarket aluminum radiator is thicker and makes for a, um.."interesting" installation.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:33 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Paul Bell
Scott, I'd say going to the LT1 radiator would benefit you more than fans. And it's the same size as the LS radiator.

Of course, you are correct that an aftermarket aluminum radiator is thicker and makes for a, um.."interesting" installation.
yeah... the thing people dont understand...is when theres no room for a thicker radiator...you cant change the radiator...

Thats all eveybody needs to know.....
trust me.... a better radiator was my first suggestion till I saw the car...
theres barely enough room for the fans as it it sits....

Dewitts told me the c5 fan kit with dual spal fans fits the same as stock so it should not create any issues
so were going to try that first.....a fan upgrade is the only thing that will fit without having to modify some other things.

Quick Reply: does a anybody make a direct fit higher speed and higher cfm fan for the Fbody