Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mufflers After Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 12:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mufflers After Exhaust

Doing a new setup with the exhaust. I have dual electronic cut-outs. I've run open headers before. Loved the way it idled, but when you give it gas, it sounds like ***. I'm looking to put a muffler right after the header to help some of the sound out. How much will this effect flow if running Dynomax bullets? I've seen one guy run a similar setup before - picture is attached below.

So setup will basically be (on solid engine mounts).. 1-7/8" longtube headers, Dynomax bullets after header, dual electronic cut-outs, 3" x-pipe, magnaflow 14419 mufflers. I want to know how bad this will hurt the flow? Should be a fairly interesting sound if I can get this to work. Putting a muffler closer to the headers will net a higher frequency sound, yet running the 14419 at the back should cut some of that out with how bassy that muffler is.
Attached Thumbnails Mufflers After Exhaust-img_0314.jpg  
Old 08-31-2014, 03:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Hmmm interesting setup! I run the 14419 Magnaflow and really like it! So you run a Flowmaster right now?

Quick Reply: Mufflers After Exhaust