Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

L33 accessories for car swap

Old 09-02-2014, 07:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L33 accessories for car swap

Hi, i just bought an L33 engine for a BMW E36 swap project, the engine came with no accessories/brackets at all in front except for the crank pulley, no water pump.

I will install an LS6 intake manifold so what would be the best thing to do, install all the truck accessories/brackets and relocation kits to clear the LS6 throttle body, or install all de f-body accessories/brackets.

Do all the F-body accessories bolt right up on the L33?

Im new to LS engines so some help would be really appreciated, ive searched but didnt find any clear answers about that.

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-03-2014, 03:07 PM
Teching In

Anyone?

Since i have no accessories, is it more cost effective to just find some truck parts and modify for throttle body clearance or go directly with LS1/F-Body accessories??
Old 09-03-2014, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have F-body accessories on my L33. Everything bolts up without issue. You cannot use the truck crank pulley with the F-body accessories, you need the F-body crank pulley.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:31 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
I have F-body accessories on my L33. Everything bolts up without issue. You cannot use the truck crank pulley with the F-body accessories, you need the F-body crank pulley.
Thanks Marc!

What intake manifold do you use?
Old 09-04-2014, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by E36L33
Thanks Marc!

What intake manifold do you use?
Corvette LS1
Old 09-04-2014, 12:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
Corvette LS1
Did you have to relocate the alt. braket?, i think there is some interference with the throttle body when using car intakes?
Old 09-07-2014, 09:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I believe he means that he used the complete F-body front accessory setup which includes alt bracket. Alt, PS, AC, water pump, crank pulley, etc. are all different as they not only clear the TB on a car-type intake but sit an inch or two closer to the motor. So a matched set is required to make the belts line up. The blocks make no difference for the situation you are asking about.

F-body setup is easiest if you must run a car-style intake. If you search the conversions and hybrids forum here you will find a guy that modified the truck setup himself and made it fit with a car intake but it required some cutting and massaging. There is also an aftermarket bracket that can be bought for this purpose. Not a bad deal but the F-body stuff can be found affordably and requires no modification. You also get bonus clearance in front of the motor with the accessories mounted closer to the motor. I am running the truck stuff because I could literally sit in the engine compartment in front of the LS in the CJ when the rad is out... not to mention plenty of hood clearance for the truck-style intakes. But if space were a concern, car setup is no-brainer to me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: L33 accessories for car swap