Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now its time to look into tuning.

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 12:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now its time to look into tuning.

Well, it is official, I am out of hibernation... I went from a camaro way back around 2006 to a BMW, and, found that the BMW felt no diff than a camaro, minus horses. So, with that, sca'rew the BMW (since it is not the ultimate driving machine, cant be if it feels like a camaro) and I want me horses back. When I threw away the LT1 and LS1 platforms, I was just starting to try to tune my LT1 car myself. I even built one of the protocol computer interface kits from the schematics that were floating around and ordered one of the kits you solder together. The one from scratch worked and I never did get to build the other unit that had the PC board. I even still have them, lol.

Non the less, I jumped to the LS1 platform for about 2 years and thats when I bailed to try BMW, ooooooh!!

Now that I am needing a new car and back to this LS1 thing, whats the new skinny on the tuning? I plan to look into it myself but I am spending all my time looking for a car. Can someone just give me cliff notes as to whats going on for tuning since 2006? Do they have some self tuning stuff out there still? I assume they would. They did when I started getting into it for the LS1 but my brain is fuzzy from so far back.

Thanks.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use hptuners. Its very nice software.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:28 PM
Staging Lane

Would that be able to tune a trex cam?
Old 09-21-2014, 03:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hptuners is a very powerful tuning software. It can tune anysetup as long as the vehicle is supported by hptuners. Most gm vehicles are supported by it, along with some fords and chrystler products. It is a lap top based program. That being said it requires alot of reaserch and learning how it all works. It is very easy to make mistakes and cause engine damage if you dont know what your doing.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:01 PM
Staging Lane

I will take a look into that, thanks.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Hp tuners with cam swaps... and bolt on only, diablo sport. quick and easy. had my bolt on 02 dialed in after 4 dyno pulls ( twice, going from 93 oct in FL to 91 in CA) Ended up at 355 whp and 370 wtq on 91 crap gas...

Quick Reply: Now its time to look into tuning.