Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto-manual conversion = no start..

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 12:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Auto-manual conversion = no start..

Have a situation going on here and I'd love a little feedback from anyone who might be in the know. The car is a '99 TA which was originally an auto car someone has converted to an M6 car prior to my buying it. I bought the car as a roller so of course I never saw it run. As of right now it's got what appears to be a manual engine harness (all the T56 connectors plugged in except for one on the pass. side leading me to belive it's a manual harness), the interior still has a shift-selector switch assembly so I'm going to say it's an auto harness, and the PCM came with the car so I truly don't know what it was, not that it should matter.

Here is my one thought, does the clutch open circuit switch provide a signal to the PCM telling it that the clutch is engaged to allow the starter to engage? There is no clutch switch in the car, and if the body harness is in fact an auto then there is no connector for one regardless, however if this PCM is from a manual, and that clutch switch does in fact provide a signal to it, then I'm in a bit of a pickle. Any ideas??
Old 10-04-2014, 08:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well in case anybody else stumbles across this thread with a similar issue.. bad BCM was the culprit. I got the center connector to sit in such a fashion that it doesn't close the faulty circuit and VIOLA!! Fires right up.

Quick Reply: Auto-manual conversion = no start..